This is the first time since 2007 that I did not wait in line for an iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skafia, Sep 21, 2013.

1. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

Not saying that I'm not crazy about the new iPhone but for some reason this year I lost the urge to wait in line. Maybe it's because I'm getting old.

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. KPOM macrumors G5

It's the 7th time around. Eventually it gets old for everyone (or everyone gets old eventually - take your pick).

That said, you might get lucky just walking into a store. There was a fair amount of stock in Chicago today, provided you weren't too picky about color or size.

3. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

iPhones are losing it's appeal....

4. KPOM macrumors G5

The Galaxy S4 didn't exactly sell out, and BlackBerry announced yesterday that it's getting out of the consumer smartphone business. Smartphones are a mature market. But Apple still had some long lines yesterday. And it seems like they have a hit on their hands with the gold iPhone.

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

6. skafia thread starter macrumors 6502

skafia

That actually sounded like a good idea but I just checked my order status and it is now processing for shipment so I can't cancel the order. I guess I'll just have to wait 9 more days.

I've had fond memories waiting in line though, when the iPhone 4 was released, by sheer dumb luck, I was first in line at the Apple store in South Coast Plaza.

----------

I was expecting lines to be shorter, but my friend told me he estimated around 500 people in line at the Victoria Gardens store in Ontario, CA. I don't think iPhones are losing their appeal, I just think Apple has beefed up their online ordering system and yes, people are getting older and they'd rather just order it online.

7. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

This was my first year waiting in line. I was in front of a guy who had done it every year though and he said it was more people than the 5.