This is the first update since I've been an Apple user.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Helljumper, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Helljumper macrumors member

I just got a MBP and Ipod earlier this summer. Those were my first Apple products and before that, I never paid attention to anything Apple did. So these new updates to the Ipod line are the first time I've ever actually paid attention to an update. So now I have a question:

How soon after an announcement are new products in actual Apple Stores? I ask because I'm on vacation until Friday and there is an Apple Store across the street from my hotel. I'd like to be able to check out the new Nano's but my only opportunity would be tomorrow since I'm going back home on Friday and there is no Apple Store near my house.

Is there any chance the stores will have any of the new products to play around with by tomorrow?

Sorry for the idiotic question that's probably common sense to all of you who have been Apple users for a while.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Welcome to the cult. :D They usually say when they are going to be avail on the keynote. I doubt you will see them tomorrow though.

3. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

Since you can pre-order them now online at the Apple Online Store and they ship in a week, I am willing to bet they will be available next week in Apple stores.

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Just for clarification, Steve said at the Keynote that pre-orders start today, iPods come in retail stores later next week.