This is the REAL Way to Enable Multitouch Gestures.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Prodo123, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

I have seen many people get confused by why redsn0w has no support for out-of-the-box multitouch gestures, and why the package Magic Fingers does not work.

Simple. Redsn0w does not mod the files necessary to enable it, and Magic Fingers isn't supported on iOS 4.3.1.

If you want to enable multitouch gestures, there are two choices:
    1. sn0wbreeze 2.5
    2. Mod plist files

Since most of you would rather choose the second option, this is how to do it.

1. SSH into this directory: "Root > var > mobile > Library > Preferences > com.apple.springboard.plist" and open the specified plist.
    2. Add this value:
    3. Go to "Root > System > Library > CoreServices > SpringBoard.app > N90AP.plist" and open the plist. Depending on your device, this may be a different number. N90AP specifies the GSM iPhone 4. Look for a plist that starts with N, followed by 2 numbers.
    4. Add this value:
    5. Go to "Root > Applications > Preferences.app > General.plist" and open the plist.
    6. Find this section.
    7. Replace that section with:
    Save everything and respring. If you didn't screw up, then under Settings > General, you should see the toggle.

Have fun! -Prodo123

2. Prodo123 thread starter macrumors 68020

Prodo123

3. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Is there any way to change what the actual settings toggle label is? It looks kind of ghetto being "Multitasking_Gestures"

4. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

Edit the string line and remove the "_". The last step as described above makes that exact change.

5. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I've enabled them. It is pretty cool I wish I could make it 3 fingers instead of 4 though