This is the STRANGEST problem with address book ... It's like the twilight zone !

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eroxx, Feb 13, 2011.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

So I have about 330 contacts in my address book under one group: "All Contacts." When I sync to my iphone, I see over 2000+ contacts. I have tried everything on my iphone to try and fix it. I now see that this is a problem with my mac.

For example,

There is a contact on my iphone let's call him Holly Halls. That listing does NOT show up in my address book (on my mac). BUT, if I do a spotlight search for Holly Halls, sure enough, there is the contact card! But if I click on it, my address book opens and that card isn't there ...

What do I do?!?!?!?!

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Take a look inside the folder /users/username/library/application support/address book/Metadata and see how many files are in there. If it's the 2000+, rebuilding the database ( /users/username/library/application support/address book/AddressBook-v22.abcddb ) may work.

To rebuild it, shut down Address Book, repair permissions, then throw the AddressBook-v22.abcddb file in the trash. Then restart Address Book.

Also, make sure your "Sync Address Book Contacts" settings are correct in iTunes.