This is the weirdest pre "new iPhone" hype ever

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Merkie, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Merkie macrumors 68020

In the past, the new iPhone had always been rumored and we always knew what to expect well before Apple even sent out the invitations. With the iPhone 3G, cases had leaked and we were all quite certain Apple would add 3G + GPS. The 3GS wasn't unexpected either, although a matte back had been widely expected (if I recall correctly), but that's only a minor issue. And then the iPhone 4... don't even get me started on that. Before anyone was even hyped or interested in a new iPhone, it was already out there in the open.

But with the new iPhone coming up, things have never been more uncertain or so to say. We don't even know when to expect the announcement of the new iPhone (although since today we have a general idea, October 4th). But what Apple is going to announce is a big mystery to all of us. Rumors have never been more contradicting and I've never felt so left in the dark only this short before an Apple event. It almost scares me, although I do feel it's kinda exciting.

I don't know what the point of this thread is, but I just wanted to say it's quite unique how Apple is keeping everything so secretive this time. Even more than usual.

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i do agree with you. they have done a great job with this one. i think as we get closer to the event, say a day or two before, there might be a couple leaks. i only say that because at that point more people will have seen the phone, etc etc. i hope its a decent upgrade, iphone 4 was completed 18 months ago!

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

I find all the back and forth rumors and speculation especially annoying this year. It has never been this bad.

4. FortMOney macrumors member

But they have set the bar so high for themselves. If they come out with a phone with a 3.5 inch screen and no new phone factor, people are gonna be PISSED (ok mostly we MR people will be pissed, but regardless, I will be quite furious if apple took a longer iPhone cycle to have the most underwhelming release to date)