This is very irritating.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bokee21, Nov 4, 2011.

1. bokee21 macrumors newbie

ok, so I bought a used iPhone 4 32gb locked to AT&T and unlocked through gevey sim. it has 4.3.3 firmware jailbroken. and 4.10.01 baseband.

Now, After I got the phone I rushed back home and started to sync my phone to my itunes library. Now, it deleted all the music of the previous owner but the apps won't delete. I tried syncing the music only, but it doesn't do anything. it says, starting to sync then afterwards nothing will happen.

Now my only bet is to restore the phone, but many told me that If I restore the phone to the 4.3.3 firmware, the baseband will be updated therefore making the gevey sim not work.

What do I do? I want to restore the phone, but I don't want to update the baseband.

2. voltes macrumors member

Maybe some of the apps were added through cydia. You can only remove them through cydia

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You are half right, restoring would be the best way to clean the phone and start fresh, and yes iTunes update will screw you up, so what you need is to restore to a custom made IPSW of 4.3.3 that will preserve your baseband. You can do a quick search on google on how to create your custom IPSW and restore to that.

;)

4. bokee21 thread starter macrumors newbie

nah, i'm pretty sure angry birds isn't from cydia.

and that's not actually the point. why won't the music atleast sync with my iphone? itunes deletes the previous owner's music so that it can replace it with my library. but it just won't.

the apps have a different situation. it doesn't delete the apps even if I gave it a go for the "erase and sync" and it does not sync too.

the only thing that sync with my phone is the contacts.

please Guys what do I do? I'm ready to delete all the files in my phone, so that I could restore it. but I think restoring it would update my baseband which I don't want to happen. what do I do?

5. voltes macrumors member

Being that is jailbroken really opens upa lot of possibilities. Try examining what cydia apps the phone has and try to see if there was anything to override the synching behavior. I would suggest save the SHSH blobs now using tiny umbrella and then like the other poster said, prepare a custom ipsw of 4.3.3 and use that to restore your phone.

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

At the risk of sounding obvious, have you tried manually deleting them from the phone?

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

The reason could be many things, who know what the previous owner did with it. In any case I already answered your question, you need a custom IPSW to restore to.

8. bokee21 thread starter macrumors newbie

can someone provide me with a detailed tutorial on how to create my own custom 4.3.3 ipsw? thanks in advance.

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

10. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You can create custom 4.3.3 using Pwnage tool, or snowbreeze. However, you will not be able to restore to the custom ipsw unless you have shsh blobs.

11. bokee21 thread starter macrumors newbie

12. Synergie macrumors 6502a

To delete the apps, can you manually delete them on the phone? (Hold, and touch the 'x')??? If not, they may be Cydia apps, and if so, try going into Cydia and to the section to see installed packages, and try deleting from there. Worse case scenario, if they ARE Cydia apps, then you can still try deleting manually using iPhone explorer (make sure you know what you are doing though!) If you can't just hold and click the x on Angry Birds, then I think that may have been installed via Installous and I am not sure how to go about removing it other than through Installous maybe?? (I never used that app as I never pirated anything when I was JB) or try deleting the files manually with iPhone explorer.

As for the music... did you try scrolling to the bottom of the music tab and 'Manually Added Songs'?? You can drag and drop from your computer... once they are on there, they might sync properly?? Just an idea...

13. stlblufan macrumors regular

stlblufan

couldn't you just reset the phone (settings->general->reset)? that should delete all apps and music

14. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Don"t know what you plan to do when you get to that screen since you still have about six choices. I can tell you if you chose "erase all content and settings" it will wipe the phone and require a restore. Very bad idea.

15. stlblufan macrumors regular

stlblufan

I did mean the "erase all content and settings" -- I don't know if it is true that this would require a restore. I didn't ever do it on a 4.3.x phone, but I have done it on a 5.0 phone, and all it did was restore it to a "new" state. No firmware restore necessary. Maybe someone can comment on what it does in 4.3.x.