This is weird anyone have this problem

Laidbackal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
During phone calls since 5.1.1 the person I'm talking to sounds lower and I have to say what did you say or something like that the volume is all the way up before talking to the same person I had to turn the volume down sometimes because they were too loud.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I've noticed it's harder to understand people recently, where it seemed this wasn't an issue a while ago. If I turn up the volume too much, the sound gets "blurry" and harder to understand. I've tried turning on the equalizer and using bass boost, but honestly, I don't think that affects the phone sound quality.

I've changed cases (the hard plastic cases make the sound worse) and that's helped somewhat. TPU cases or hard plastic with a soft lining really help. But, mainly, I think sometimes it's a function of the other person's cell phone that makes them hard to understand.

A person I know has a Fascinate and I consistently can't make out everything that is being said. However, that same person was surprised to learn I had them on speaker - it sounded to them as though I was holding the cell to my ear and talking directly to the mic. Another person I know has an iPhone and those calls are very clear.

adamlee

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
I've had similar issues. My iPhone has ben having issues with volume when I updated. Perhaps apple has something on their website about it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.