iPad This is why I am dying to jailbreak my new iPad.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bwrairen, Apr 28, 2012.

1. bwrairen macrumors 6502

2. newone757 macrumors 6502

Looks pretty amazing. Not sure how much I'd use it though. Everyone always bitches about true multitasking. But even on my computer, I only do one thing at a time. Meaning, I only have one mouse and keyboard so I outside of just reading/referencing something I can only truely do one thing at a time

I'd shell out for it though, it looks to be an amazing tweak

3. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

Way to fail to even mention the name of the tweak - QUASAR.

4. BlueRaider macrumors regular

Wow, I've gotten pretty bored with Cydia over the last couple years but I must say that this is something that has me excited again! This tweak coupled with the BTstack tweak could really make the iPad a whole lot more useful!

5. number84 macrumors 6502

Pretty impressive! Can't wait for the jailbreak now!

6. gpsouza macrumors 6502

gpsouza

Lol didn't know about this! Simply ******** amazing!

7. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

nice idea but the software is buggy even after the 1.01 release. no way the author should be charging $10 for this when the software is not ready for primetime.

also, you can only resize the window at the preset ratio which severely limits the app's usefulness. with the ipad's screen limited real estate, it would have been useful to have two fully 'end-to-edge windows', either vertically or horizontally depending on whether portrait or landscape mode, and you can't do this because of the presets.

8. miamihacker macrumors regular

same here! saw this tweak over at modmyi and can't wait for the new jailbreak!

9. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

This is why we NEED a jailbreak for the iPad 3 NOW! and not wait for iOS6.

It was only yesterday me and the other half were viewing YouTube videos and thought we could surf safari at the same time whilst videos played in the background...how wrong and disappointed we were to find out we couldn't:(

Quasar will change everything. Again;)

10. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

lol I'm making this post and playing poker at the same time. Very nice app. I have real multitasking now.

11. TC25 macrumors 68020

I am looking forward to your first app, which will be bug free and feature complete in version 1.0.

12. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

and i'll be sure to charge you double for it.

13. TC25 macrumors 68020

Since it will be bug free and feature complete, I will pay triple.

14. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

well, i checked cydia and he's up to 1.03 and reading the release notes [and confirmed after downloading the latest update] that he's fixed one of the issues in the release notes that i saw with the earlier release so it's a good sign so far that he's been successfully resolving the issues.

15. number84 macrumors 6502

I wonder what the performance hit (speed and battery) will be like with this running. I hope the developer has implemented some good memory management! Can't wait to try it.

16. xak macrumors regular

This is why Apple needs to just put this kind've multitasking directly into the iPad's OS. This looks totally functional, and not even inconvenient - on the contrary, it is even more convenient than the currently multitasking method.

To the people who don't do two things at once, then adding multitasking won't change anything for you, you can go about your regular business.

For me, one of the only things truly hindering the iPad from taking me "post-PC" is multitasking:
    -I can't open a YouTube video, keep it playing in the background (i.e. an audio tape), and then switch to Safari to read.
    -I can't have one Safari window open with all my online references/articles, while typing in Pages for my school report in a window to its side. This kind've glance-work is multitasking, no one seriously suggests you have one eye on each thing - you just need to move between them with sufficient immediacy.

From what I've read, Apple basically steals the best ideas of the jailbreak community and implements them into iOS, eventually. Hopefully Apple wises up and adds this feature, before we all switch to Windows 8 (which I think can/will be able to do this?)

17. firemedicmark macrumors 6502

18. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

It doesn't work if you are using iphone/ipod app. I'm using fullforce and retinapad for iphone/ipod app but when i use QUASAR, it will zoom in and not show the full screen.

19. VaporPro1 macrumors newbie

Actually you can listen to YouTube videos while surfing on safari. After you play the YouTube video, just go to home scree, or switch to safari, and double press the home button to bring up all the open apps. Now just scroll left and hit play. The YouTube audio should be playing (it does for me at least).

20. OutSpoken, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012

OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

Really, I'll try this when I get home.

But if you ask me, that's still too cumbersome... not to mention, very inconvenient.

For example, sometimes I like to song search using YouTube and the internet simultaneously, but your work around would still mean the stream pausing whenever I switch screens. Thats a real mood killer.

To be honest, it would be helpful if someone already using Quasar on an older gen iPad, confirm that its indeed possible to stream content and navigate to other apps?

21. VaporPro1 macrumors newbie

It shouldnt pause if you switch screens, you only need to hit play once. I had the same problem ( wanted to view YT videos while browsing safari) and this method is the closest thing to that. The only other method is daul browser app in the appstore.

22. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I downloaded it and it wasn't as cool as i thought. I promptly disabled it

23. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

Please elaborate?

24. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer full-screen-mode. Even on my Mac.