This is why I bought a Mac :D

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KUguardgrl13, Jul 10, 2013.

1. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

So my boyfriend has been on the phone with Lenovo warranty support for over an hour trying to figure out why a month old ThinkPad has been blue screening. He also had it in to a Microsoft Store just a few days after purchase because Office wasn't loading properly. This is his third laptop in the 3 1/2 years we've been dating.

Meanwhile my MacBook Pro is 4 years old and still runs well. Sure I've gone through a few hard drives and hard drive cables, but I haven't had near the problems that people with PCs have had. If I left it on my desk instead of taking it to campus it would still be like new. But suffice to say that when I've had issues, the Geniuses have been helpful. If the issue presents itself to them, they've been able to correct it.

So go Apple! Keep being awesome and better than Microsoft and the PC manufacturers :D

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Having a local Apple store with Genius bar was a big factor in my decision to buy a Mac back in 2005. I've only used the Genius bar maybe 3 or 4 times, and it is so much easier than dealing with a tech on the phone who is low level trained and can only follow a script like "did you plug it in?"...

3. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Blue screens of death with Vista 64-bit Windows and poor quality workmanship in a top of the line Dell Precision laptop workstation in 2008 got me to switch over to the Mac full time. I can't believe I held out so long. I wish I'd switched over full time years earlier :rolleyes:

4. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

Not to mention the availability of many more Apple Authorized Service Providers, who have to meet Apple's strict service guidelines and professionalism. While often not as flashy as Apple's retail stores they're still a great option for sick Macs.

And yeah, the hassle of replacing a $300-$500 "top of the line" laptop every year or two, aside from all of the normal Windows issues in between, is usually enough to make anyone consider a $1000-1500 Mac that will likely last 5-8 years.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Right! And if you buy, for example, a Dell and have problems you are stuck with dealing with "support" people with extremely poor English who can only follow a script plus a long time on hold waiting for next available rep, etc.

6. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Consumers wanted super-cheap laptops and this is the result of it. There's very little profit margin in PCs as it is.