This is why I buy Apple.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kaelynlock, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Kaelynlock macrumors newbie

A few months ago I noticed a part of my screen on my Iphone 5 slightly flexing and clicking when I pressed it, I spoke to apple through their online chat and they said if it was just one part of the screen then I shouldn't worry but I could go to the Apple store genius bar if I was concerned.

The problem seemed to resolve itself but a week ago I noticed another part of my screen flexing and through pressing different parts I discovered it was most of the top of my phone with the right hand corner having the most movement, you could see the screen moving 1 or 2mm when you pressed it.

I knew my warranty was up soon so I went to book a genius bar appointment and the earliest one I could fit in with work was actually on the last day of the 1 year warranty.

I went to the Leeds Apple store (which was incredibly hot and busy for a Wednesday afternoon!) and spoke to a lovely female worker who took my phone into the back to try and reseal the screen, she said that she could reseal it but it wasn't staying down as flat as she would like so she gave me a replacement phone with a 90 day warranty, the replacement has absolutely no scuffs or defects (I have read horror stories on here!) and I walked away a very happy customer.

This is in contrast to other stores where I have had to fight to get any kind of warranty service and why I will continue to use their products.

[​IMG]

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Thank you for sharing your experience.

This is one of the many reasons I also choose to buy Apple prodcuts.

I assume you visited the Trinity Arcade in my home town ?

3. henriasdf, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  4. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

I've replaced my iPhone 5 two times now.

The first time I had this purple sploch on my screen which annoyed the hell out of me. The second time black spots started showing up in all of my pictures which was the result of the lens catching dust.

Apple wasn't hard on me at all, they replaced my iPhone both times without any hassle. My girlfriend has also succesfully gotten her iPhone replaced after finding out 4G wasn't working properly on her iPhone 5.

5. benoit85 macrumors member

Had this same issue now with a 5C and a 5S, sent the 5S to Apple and in less than 24 hours of them having the phone a new one was on it's way to me. Very impressed with the speed of the service, the screen clicking/popping seems to be a fairly common issue though so i'm sure if it happens to my new handset i can just get that swapped also.

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Great that you got it sorted out but something like this, I would expect Apple or any other company to fix. This is not something small where anyone could say ignore it. This was an actual physical defect. What would be surprising is if Apple didn't fix it.

7. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Your experience is typical of my own. Generally awesome service.

8. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

This is pretty much the norm when it comes to Apple.

I have an iphone 5c and have had numerous problems out of this phone. I bought it on launch day and in the 5 and a half months have had to have 4 replacement devices. I don't think it's because the iPhone 5c is a horrible device. I honestly think that I have just had bad luck with the ones I've gotten.

I have talked to Senior Advisor after Senior Advisor. I've talked with Michael Proctor from the Executive Office. All trying to get this thing worked out for me. In the course of the past 2 months they have all went out of the way to make sure I'm happy with what they are doing.

I doubt this would have with any other tech company. I have nothing but good things to say about Apple in these regards

9. derbyshire2013 macrumors member

Apple more often than not get it right when it comes to their retail stores.

Just over three years ago I had a rough month... coupled with my iPhone 4 deciding it wanted a relationship with a petrol forecourt and I was dreading the bill for getting my iDevice swapped over.

I went to the Meadowhall store in Sheffield and the lovely lady on the Genius Bar replaced it for £0!

10. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I seem to notice a lot more people from the UK posting these kinds of positive reviews these days. There was one on the iPad forums a couple of days ago. What about the USA???...

11. Deguello macrumors 6502

I guess the flip side was Apple's refusal to make the new iWork available for my daughter's BTO iMac because it was ordered before their cutoff date but not shipped until after the cutoff date. The machine was still within the return period so Apple's "solution" was to return the iMac and order another one, which would be more expensive and trouble for everyone involved.

12. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

I have only had 1 bad experience in an Apple store, it was at the Walt Whitman mall on Long Island, NY. When I called up Apple customer service they were more than happy to help me and they corrected the problem on the spot over the phone.

Any other time I had a problem and went to a different Apple store it was nothing but a pleasure and wonderful experience. They really do have the best customer care of any product. :apple:

13. Haserath macrumors newbie

When you make so much money per device, you can generally afford to have leeway in the warranty service.

14. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

You have read horror stories here about replacement phones from apple? Really?

15. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

USA experience as requested:

I had an iPhone 5s from Launch Day weekend that was doing the iOS 7 random reboot. Many assumed, myself included, that it was software.

The first time I brought it in, they performed a clean install (AKA wiped my phone) and after a few days the reboots continued. One reboot was when the phone was plugged in with no programs running.

Went back and they replaced my phone. I went to that German website (looked it up on Google) to look up the serial number and it was a new iPhone, not a refurb (I've had refurbs from Apple in the past and they were excellent).