This is why I hate the 4s (Hardware+network+connectivity problems)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mazenat, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Mazenat macrumors member

Hi forum,

I bought an iPhone 2 weeks after it was officially launched from UK. I am an avid Apple user, I love Apple I own many Apple equipment (see me signature). However, I HATED the iPhone 4s because it gave me hard times. Since I bought it, I've been facing many problems with it. For instance:

1. Charging: this is the main issue, and I believe that it is a hardware problem. When I connect the chargers to the iPhone, it does NOTHING. I am sure that the chargers works fine, since I regularly try it on my iPad. I have an iPhone charger, and an iPad 1 charger. After I connect/disconnect my charger for about 20-50 times, it starts charging.

2. Dropping Phone Calls: While I’m on a phone call, and after couple of minutes, I get the usual “Call Failed”. Just like that, the phone call is dropped

3. Losing signal: sometimes, when I try to call, the signal tower disappears; I get the “Searching…” and then reconnects again. This is a minor problem, but still it IS a problem.

4. The inability to make phone calls: frequently, when I want to call someone, I get the “Call Failed”. I need to try to call around 10 times to connect. Otherwise, I have to disconnect/reconnect the network. I put it in Airplane mode for few seconds, then turn Airplane mode off, so I can reconnect to the network. NOTE: I DO NOT FACE THIS PROBLEM WITH OTHER MOBILE PHONES, HENCE THE PROBLEM IS FROM THE IPHONE NOT FROM MY CARRIER.

5. When I try to send a message, it fails to send, and I have to click the red exclamation mark and resend it several times to work.

6. When I get calls from others, they cannot connect to me, which make them think that I close my iPhone. It’s just simple, they cannot reach me, and I lost the most basic function of a phone: RECEIVING PHONE CALLS.

7. A Siri Bug: When I tell Siri to “remind me to do something after 30 minutes”. I get the reminder in the same minute I said the order. Example: its 5:00PM, I tell Siri “remind me to do something after 30 minutes”, instead of getting “here’s your reminder for 5:30PM, I get “here’s your reminder for 5:00PM”. Also, when I set a reminder for a specific time, and that time comes, I get the reminder right, and then I get the reminder notification, it says that my reminder was “19 HOURS AGO”. This is probably a “Reminders” app bug.

8. Many times Siri does not connect, and I hear the annoying message “I’m really sorry about this”, although it shows me the 3G sign. I will be generous here and say it could be a carrier’s problem, though I don’t think it is.

9. The iCloud in my iWork apps is not very accurate. Sometimes I get duplicates when I sync between my iCloud.com, iPad, and iPhone accounts. This is a minor issue, but STILL it is an issue.

Now I have a problem, I bought my iPhone from the UK, but I am stationed in a different country. I don’t know what to do. I tried to follow the instruction on Apple.com on returning a defect product through its Online Service Assistant, but I can’t specify my location in UK, since I don’t live there, and I can’t choose my country, because the customer support comes only through the carriers in here.

I am not here to start a hate war. No I am not an Android-or-other-crap user; I am an Apple user. I am very satisfied on all of my other belongings, not the iPhone however. So please tell me, does anyone else face some of these problems like me, or am I the only one? What do you suggest I should do? Who should I talk to?

Thank you and sorry for this long thread, but I am just frustrated!!
    Mazen

2. jdaniel macrumors 65816

What have you tried to fixed the situation? Have you tried to do a hard reset... wipe the whole phone.. reset and all that?

Your problems are obviously not normal so if the above does not fix your problem then bring it in for warranty repair/exchange.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

Call them?

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/applecare/contact/

4. Mazenat thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

I have tried hard reset, soft reset. Nothing worked. Didn't try to wipe the phone, so do you suggest it?

Thank you, Yes I will call them today, and update you.

All the best,

5. jdaniel macrumors 65816

*back up your phone* then do the following

Yeah if you have a lot of apps or anything like that, what you should do is wipe the phone...put a clean piece of software on it, you can do this by using the restore function in itunes or download the software from some place...then put the phone into DFU mode on a mac hold option and click restore and point to the software.. I use this method because I prefer to not rely on slow apple servers and I can choose what version of software I load on to the phone. if you are not very technically inclined then just do a simple restore.. I would suggest trouble shooting by saving it as a new phone...and starting from scratch.

6. silver8ack macrumors regular

Why did you keep the phone if it didn't charge correctly?

Also, sounds like your network sucks or you just got a lemon.

Do you think the iPhone would be successful if this was the norm?

7. jeremyshaw macrumors 6502

Lol, that ^^

Otherwise, I'd guess then apn settings of the iPhone are wrong? Is this a carrier branded phone?