This is why none of us can find a 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacintoshJosh3, Sep 24, 2014.

1. MacintoshJosh3, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

3. steemax macrumors regular

steemax

should meet up with him just to kick his ass... :rolleyes:

4. Techie26 macrumors newbie

5. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

I understand that but how did this guy come up with THAT many of them? He has to have purchased every available unit each time they pop up on the reservation system.

I messaged him to ask if he would sell one at full price and he instantly said "You want to buy all of them? How soon can you get to xxxx" He then declined to take a price drop.

6. accountforit macrumors 6502a

So because this guy has 4 of them, that is the reason the whole world can't find them?

7. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

Negative, but the 10-15 scalpers that have been at my Apple Store each morning (they even admitted to reselling) and the limited production combined will make up for a large percentage of why we can't find them anywhere. The scalpers are increasing demand and controlling availability all themselves. Therefor they are able to set their own price and get it.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

"I'm just scalping iPhones. Don't call me with unsolicited stuff because I'm an upstanding guy not trying to make a buck by being a douche."

Best thing we can all do is not buy from these people.

9. shady25 macrumors member

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

This is the only solution. Order from Apple or your carrier and wait. But sadly, too many people have to have their iPhones right away.:rolleyes:

11. patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

12. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

LoL

Where's this guy when you need him eh? :D

[​IMG]

Either that or have one of us contact him one at a time saying we want to purchase one and we will meet him wherever for it, and we never show up. Then have another member do the same thing to him, then another, then another... ;)

I know I'm devious :eek:

13. Jman13 macrumors 68000

And why do you care? He's taking the initiative to make some money. You really want one? Beat him to the line.

14. meechy macrumors 6502

Yep, he's a part of it.

Say a million people like him do that, that's 4 million people who can't find an iPhone.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, that's not the sole reason. Its more that apple was (and is?) unable to produce the 6+ in large quantities. Couple the constrained supply with higher then expected demand equals lack of phones.

16. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I'm standing firm and waiting weeks for my 6 Plus. I will never give these @-h0les a dime and support them. I too wish others would just wait and not give in. Just like I hope people don't buy the cases of Surge from the @-h0le scalpers selling them for $120. I'm waiting patiently for the next stock to hit Amazon direct.

17. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

There's only 3 x iPhone 6 Plus's out there?

18. CEmajr macrumors 601

He's profiting off people's impatience. I see nothing wrong with it. He just found a way to make some extra money. If you want one that badly then get in line before him.

19. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

20. bluer101 macrumors regular

I just spent my morning inline at apple and this is what is going on.

I swung by yesterday too and the same people are there inline from yesterday to today. Yesterday they wanted to sell me a reservation card when I arrived. Most don't speak any to little English. They had the apple employee address the line in English. Then 2 minutes later he came out and said in Spanish. The ones that can speak English are talking about who they sell them to and how much they are making.

The sad thing is their was an American father, mother, sin, and daughter in line and they have been doing this all week. They have backpacks on too. While the family waits there he keeps on
    Leaving the line to talk to new people arriving. Plus many phone calls. Then he returns and the person that he walked away with comes back and tells him and his daughter many times thank
    you very much.

21. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

The gentleman passing out the passes this morning knew all 4 people in front of my by name, they each purchased 2 phones. No 6+ for T-Mobile available.

22. bluer101 macrumors regular

Really sad.

23. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

yeah a lot of people take the opportunity for quick resale and easy profit. I noticed a lot of people picking up phones in the apple store were more... 'international based' purchasing 2 at a time. I feel like they are looking to bring those back home (where most likely they arent released yet) and make a really nice profit.

24. 617aircav Suspended

Yep one of them offered me $100 to buy a second phone and sell to him. Easiest 100 i ever made.

25. Starrbuck macrumors regular

The best way to fight them is not to buy from them.