This item is currently being modified

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Shawnstra, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Shawnstra macrumors regular

Ok this thing is driving me nuts, happened to me twice even before iTunes 8.0.2. Basically, when I try to download apps, it says that and I can't download it. Now, on iTunes, it says (1) beside Applications under Library on the left and it says 1 update available on the bottom right, but when I click that, it says No updates are available, check again later. Usually, this happens, but it update appears on my iPhone. But, now, it says it is currently being modified. Any help? Sorry if it sounds a little confusing but there are 2 problems - The "modified" problem and iTunes saying there is available updates and not being able to download them, therefore it only can be downloaded on the iPhone.

Thanks

2. pkagel macrumors regular

It happened to me yesterday, or so, when I was trying to download the butterflies app for my daughter. It was free but being modified. They raised the price the same day and I assume it isn't being modified anymore. Seems like it might have been a ploy to take it to the top of the new apps list and get people to look at it.

3. NickRRood macrumors newbie

Ok, I don't know if you guys resolved this, but I was having the same problem and the solution was incredibly simple.

Apparenlty because I had bought some of the applications on my iPhone using a past iTunes account, the updates were ONLY available through that account! In iTunes it was saying "Applications (2)" or something like that, but when you click it it says that there are no available updates. So I logged into my old account and checked again, and sure enough there were 2 available updates!!

Matter solved. Hope that's the same problem you are having.

4. iFerd macrumors 6502a

That wouldn't explain the times I've seen the same message. I've only ever had the one iTunes account.