Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
So I made a playlist on my Mac consisting out of my own music and music I got from Apple Music. I, of course, made the Apple Music songs available offline. Now it won't let me sync that playlist to my iPhone because "iCloud Music Library playlists can only include music from your iCloud Music Library. This playlist can’t be uploaded because it includes other media kinds or songs that are not eligible."

What's going on here? Am I doing something wrong? I assume I can make playlists from tracks I got from Apple Music, the whole point was that you could mix that with your existing library. Is this a bug?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Somewhere you have a song in the playlist that isn't eligible for iCloud Music Library. Low quality 96 or less or the file is too big (200mb limit per song) are reason how that happens.

Find the song (should show a cloud with a line through it) and don't add it to the playlist. Once you get the playlist up you can just find that song in Apple Music and add it to the playlist manually from AM. (This of course if the song is even available in AM.)

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
There were no songs with a line through it. The weird part is that if I create the exact same playlist on the phone, it syncs to the Mac without a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.