"This Mac does not support Bootcamp" and "The Bless Tool was unable to set the boot..

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by SharkRaptor, Apr 12, 2015.

1. SharkRaptor macrumors newbie

So, I had a previous error that wouldn't allow me to upgrade the firmware on my computer, and now I have this error.

Whenever I try to switch to my Windows 7 portion of my computer via bootcamp, it says "You can’t change the startup disk to the selected disk. The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk."

I have verified my harddrives, and restarted many times, and still it doesn't work. Whenever I run the bootcamp assistant, it responds with "This Mac Does not Support Bootcamp".

This is all of a sudden after I install a new Graphics card, and upgrade my firmware. If it helps, this is my previous thread that got everything working on the mac-side of things -- http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1862507.

I need my computer to be working by Monday, so I will be working on this problem all day today (Sunday).

Please help, and thank you!

2. MacVidCards Suspended

you want help?

How about some details?

3. SharkRaptor thread starter macrumors newbie

Pretty much all the details are inside of what I wrote.

Bootcamp does not start up, it says both the things I stated above.

"You can’t change the startup disk to the selected disk. The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk".

and

"Whenever I run the bootcamp assistant, it responds with "This Mac Does not Support Bootcamp".

Also, as stated above as well, this all started occurring after I upgraded my firmware (As linked above).

I have since downgraded my firmware back to what it was when bootcamp worked, and reset my harddrives to a previous backup, but I still get the same error.

4. IowaLynn macrumors 6502a

IowaLynn

Short version, I never use BCA, just leave one drive in to be dedicated to Windowns and use your installer media. Format and install from there.

Or use a VM.

5. AidenShaw, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

I multi-boot a half dozen or more Linux distros and Windows versions (and ESXi) - and "it just works".

No drama. No Apples.

Almost always the best solution, unless the OS vendor places artificial restrictions on how you can use a VM.