This Macbook is Destroying my Mental Health

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Merkava_4, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

I figured I'd start this thread while this MBP is having a rare occasion of functioning. Most the time I can't use the keyboard or trackpad because at startup, the cursor is frozen at the upper left hand corner of the screen. For a while there, a PRAM reset would free up the cursor, but now the Macbook is not responding to a PRAM reset. Startup in safe mode or SMC reset aren't working either. I already have an anxiety disorder as it is, I don't need this computer ruining what little ability I have left to cope with life. :(

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you try contacting apple and have them look/diagnose the issue?

3. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

"This Macbook is Destroying my Mental Health"

Egads.
    I never saw a thread name like this before!

4. Rocko99991 macrumors 6502a

Rocko99991

First if inanimate objects are ruining your life-the issue is not the device.

Take it to Apple store for diagnosis.

5. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

Although I've no idea what's wrong with your computer I'm sure if you post details, beginning with model/year/OS, there are people cruising this forum who will likely have useful advice.

It's a computer, an appliance, something that can be fixed or replaced, it's not a malevolent demon even if it seems that way. Be cool and crisp, you can cope.

6. Mainsail macrumors 65816

Bummer. Must be frustrating.

From all of the posts about the MBP, I have become convinced this is a faulty design. Sitting at the local coffee shop today, the person next to me is using a ntb MBP, so I asked her how it has been working....in particular if she had any keyboard problems. She said that she has owned it for over a year and has never had any problems with the computer.....really likes it. So, go figure.

7. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

I've been more than happy with the only MBP I've ever bought, yet we do see so many reported issues with the 2016/17/18 models. It would be intensely interesting to know what % of buyers are bitter and regretful as opposed to what % are happy as Larry.

8. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

Bitter and regretful no. Returned all 4 of the ones I purchased yes. I guess thereby avoiding the feelings of bitterness and regret?

Ask your doctor if MacBook Pro is right for you :)

9. techno-Zen macrumors 6502a

techno-Zen

It's not the computer.. these things happen in life.

What model is the computer? year?