This Macbook sleeve?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RedJeans, May 5, 2010.

1. RedJeans macrumors member

2. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

I can't give any feedback on that case specifically, but the incase in the apple store I wasn't a fan of. I didn't like the outside material, it felt too lightweight. I'm not sure how to explain it. I just imagined it getting little frays in it Somewhat like what happens to basketball shorts to my basketball shorts. I went with the booq taipan. It was actually cheaper through amazon with free shipping than the site below .

http://www.booqbags.com/Laptop-Sleeves-MacBook-Sleeves/Taipan-skin-neoprene-laptop-sleeves

I really like the padding in the case, and the outer material is more like a wetsuit. There is a small lip to protect the zipper, but i think it could have been larger. As long as I'm careful, i don't see it scratching it. I've had it 9 months and both the sleeve and laptop look brand new. There isn't one scratch after carrying every day to school in just a basic backpack not made for a laptop. It's a snug fit for my 13 mbp, there was one review on amazon with the rasfox case that said it was a little to large for the 13 mb.

3. JS2C macrumors newbie

I got this rasfox sleeve couple days ago and I gotta say it's really worth it, money well spent.
    I own the neoprene Incase sleeve, and it's just not providing the amount of protection I needed for my mbp (I'm more of a careless person and I carry a lot of stuff in my bag, and I have noticed my mbp was pressed by the other stuff and left with marks :( )
    So I decided to give this memory foam sleeve a try and it actually works! I can see the pressure marks absorbed by the sleeve, and it cost almost half as much as the Incase sleeve. I would recommend this one.

4. RedJeans thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot! I'm going to buy it :)