This makes me kind of sad...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TheGreenBastard, Apr 27, 2015.

1. TheGreenBastard macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

On Apr 10 when preorders went live, I ordered a 38mm Space Grey aluminum Apple Watch Sport with Black sports band, and went into the Apple Store a few days later to try it on only to find out it was too small. So I decided to cancel my order and get the 42, which to be honest is also kind of small. Quoted a June delivery date...so I decided to test out ordering a model that I didn't think would sell much, and I was right. I ordered a second 42mm Sport, this time regular color with green sport strap on Apr 24 and it has already showed signs of preparing shipping by giving me a delivery date of May 15-May 21. Kind of bummed that I won't be getting space grey, but that's not a huge deal, however I feel uneasy about wearing a green strap lol :rolleyes:

On a side note, would Apple exchange straps in store it it's unused?

Attached Files:

2. bruceabbott macrumors member

Just wait it out for the one you want. Once it gets here the wait wouldn't have been so bad after all. Don't settle for something you don't want just so you can get the device sooner.

Also take it from experience... Apple are quoting shipping dates weeks out. I was quoted May 13-27. I will have my Space Gray Sport 42mm tomorrow. So I'd say they're being way too generous on the shipping dates.

3. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

The green is your calling.. Just look at your username.

4. TheGreenBastard thread starter macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

That shade of green though. :confused:

----------

Wow! Congrats! I'll keep a close eye on both orders.

5. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

About 400,000 orders out of 1million have been shipped, then the number grew to 1.3 or 1.7million, and more about to ship. I'd say they are definitely under promising their projected eta's

6. slvrscoobie macrumors 6502a

slvrscoobie

Ended up selling mine I got friday and ordered the SS SG Link. Says July right now. Ugh. But long run ill be happier.
    Just hope they start pushing on production now that they know what demand is like.
    I hope they're caught up and in stores by early/mid june.