Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008

kepler20b

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2014
3900mah on moto is basically going to get probably atleast 14 hours of solid screen-on time over 4g.

that phone is literally insanity and anyone who travels a lot for work, or someone who doesnt want to run around with a bulky battery pack on their iphone should really look into the turbo.

kepler20b

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2014
AMOLED?

Um... no thanks. I'll wait to see if the battery holds up to actual benchmarks and not their ad hype. ;)

i own a galaxy tab s 8.4

the amoled blew me away. it's literally the best screen ive ever seen. And it's adaptive display ensures that you never have to worry about inaccurate color reproduction.

kepler20b

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2014
seriously,

if you can root that, install greenify and/or a real deepsleep battery app that syncs every 15-30m with the screen off; you might not need to charge that more than three times a week and average 16 hours of screen on time over 4g.

rapicell

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
I absolutely love the direction Motorola is going lately and I'm in love with that red coloring. I had the original moto x and I did enjoy it and the special software that motorola now includes on their phones, but I miss having the integration with my iPad and macbook, thus I'm sticking to iPhone again for a bit.

However, I think this will be quite a successful phone should it really hold up to the specs

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
I remember when Jobs was alive. I knew that the iPhone warranted top dollar. Now not so such. If apple don't beat these specs. iPhone 6 will be my last iPhone. Check out this crap from motorola. I guess I'm just jealous.

http://www.dailytech.com/199+Motoro...+Battery+Life+52+QHD+Display/article36794.htm

Who's going to stop you? Sell your iPhone 6 now and get the Droid Turbo- it will never be top of the line in all the spec categories, nor will any future iPhone. Might as well save yourself the hassle later on down the road.

I'm not trying to be snarky, either. I really think you'll be happier with a phone that satisfies your needs.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Someone hasn't paid attention to Motorola's track record lately.

Closest thing to stock Android in an OEM and quickest updates to market.

Nice try, though.

Verizon approves the updates, not Motorola. Verizon is the slowest of all carriers with updates. This is a verizon exclusive. Will not be on any other carrier. If you want a pure android experience, get the latest Nexus 6 from Motorola. Don't settle for the crappy Verizon model. The Nexus 6 may be the best overall smartphone out there.

jmxp69

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
If you buy gadgets strictly based in specs, you're in the wrong camp. The iPhone 6 and iOS 8 work well together under an easy to use/manage interface. I'm not sure it would make much of a difference to me if my calendar opened a fraction of a second faster.

Now the battery--that's one I have to give them props for. Bigger/heavier phone to support more power??? The nerve! :)

Although my phone easily goes a full day on a single charge the way I use my phone, so I really have no legitimate complaint here.

PS Cameras in my Motorola devices kinda suck. So they can megapixel them up all they want. Doesn't matter if I have to fix every picture with software.

kepler20b

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2014
seriously this whole android version/fragmentation thing is so overblown it is ridiculous.

the updates are purely iterative, and if you're dying to have the latest you can get it at xda.

just like if you're dying to get to 8.0 with a 16gb phone, you will figure out a way through icloud.

ShiftClick

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
Los Angeles
I remember when Jobs was alive. I knew that the iPhone warranted top dollar. Now not so such. If apple don't beat these specs. iPhone 6 will be my last iPhone. Check out this crap from motorola. I guess I'm just jealous.

http://www.dailytech.com/199+Motoro...+Battery+Life+52+QHD+Display/article36794.htm

Didn't they say when he died that he had a hand in products for the next few years. And you really think the specs would be that much better on the current iphone than they are now? That the A series chips would suddenly have accelerated road map or that vibranium outer shell would exist because Jobs made it so?

fugly1000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Battery life should be far more of a priority for phone makers.

See a man of reason. Yeah, I am truly jealous of the battery life.

----------

Didn't they say when he died that he had a hand in products for the next few years. And you really think the specs would be that much better on the current iphone than they are now? That the A series chips would suddenly have accelerated road map or that vibranium outer shell would exist because Jobs made it so?

Maybe that has happen. But I believe that along the way they may have changed direction. Guess that happens when you change leaders. They shouldn't have fired the person that ran their ios department. I can see how ios has suffered.

----------

seriously this whole android version/fragmentation thing is so overblown it is ridiculous.

the updates are purely iterative, and if you're dying to have the latest you can get it at xda.

just like if you're dying to get to 8.0 with a 16gb phone, you will figure out a way through icloud.

I agree. Also, Motorola phones usually gets updates. That 48 hour battery claim is what bother me. I have this thin phone, with a sorry battery. Also, 32 gb at 199. I'm starting to think apple is just worried about profit and not customers. But I guess they are turning into another company.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Really OP? That's what makes you sick? There's so many other important things going on in the world that deserve attention. Who cares if your phone doesn't have the best specs.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Specs mean nothing. Its how the device works with software that matters. The ONLY thing that interests me is the 48 hour battery and the 8-hour charge in 15 minutes, but I call BS on actually achieving those numbers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.