This may be a silly question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aauussttiinn, Mar 2, 2011.

1. aauussttiinn macrumors newbie

Im sitting here in complete silence on the internet no ambient noise whatsoever (in basement) and i hear like an almost light grinding noise right from where the hard drive is located. i have a 2011 13in i5 and has been nothing but wonderful since i got it but i think this may be the first time ive sat in compete silience with it.....my question is is it normal for a stock HDD to make such noise from time to time...(sitting here i thought it was the fan at first but then its defintely coming from where the hard drive is) so do the stock HDD's make a certain noise from time to time??? im about to go insane lol please help

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Hard Drives make noise all the time. Run the hardware test, but your most likely fine.

3. aauussttiinn thread starter macrumors newbie

feel like a straight noob....man all these paranoid ass people on here got me freaking out lolol..maybe its time to quit reading macrumors so much :eek:

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

lol. Best advice I can give you is just use your computer. Apple makes solid products. Most of the people on here are complaining about problems because not may people go to a forum to praise a product that is working just fine.