This may be/probably a dumb question, but.....

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ckesten, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ckesten macrumors regular

ckesten

Hello...

My good friend works at Apple in another state. I can get a 15% discount if I order from him. It will take about 10 days or so to get.

If I went to apple and told them this, do you think theres anyway they would honor that. My corporate discount is 6% but I don't want to wait that long I want to go now!

I only ask because I want to know if anyone had any experience with apple honoring things like this. Also when my brother bough Apple Care, they gave him a pretty big discount for no reason, the rep says "hey, were in a recession, right?"

Thanks in advance!

2. tvp macrumors member

I doubt they are going to honor the employee discount for a regular customer. I work for an Apple reseller, we would never give our employee discount to a customer either.

I guess it can't hurt to try and barter a bit, but as far as I know they aren't going to budge. As a reseller they give us a set price point for all of their products and we have very little wiggle room.

3. ckesten thread starter macrumors regular

ckesten

yeah, guess it doesn't hurt to try. They will get the sale at 15% regardless. They just probably don't care if I have to wait ha

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

More than likely, your friend is going to order the computer as if it were for him. Then he would just give it to you.

Apple stores are not going to give a regular customer a discount because their friend works at one.

5. ckesten thread starter macrumors regular

ckesten