this may have been asked a million times...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DataEast, Oct 13, 2011.

1. DataEast macrumors member

I've never been to this board but all my iTunes music (1200+) is on an old windows desktop from 2003 and the ONLY reason I still have it is because all my music is on it. I'm getting the iPhone 4S this week and I was wondering if I could plug in my phone and have it uploaded onto it. If not, what's the easiest way to switch my library to my laptop?

Thanks.

2. DataEast thread starter macrumors member

ok that didn't work. What's the most trusted software to download so I can do this?

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

A little more detail than "That didn't work" would help us actually help you. There's not really much in the way of software to do this, because there's no point. Just drag and drop the iTunes folder onto a USB flash drive, then from there onto the Mac (make sure to place it in the Music folder in your Home folder).

jW

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Easiest would be to get a USB drive or external hard drive to transfer the files from your old computer to your current one. Then install iTunes and drag all the music to it. I suggest letting iTunes organize the music for you. Personally, I think it's less hassle. Then when you plug your new iPhone, iTunes will see it and sync all your music.

This may help.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527