Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fatandlazy11

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Depends on my mood
Hi, I know this is not the place for this, but ive tried every other computer site on the net, this is the only one left.

Ok, ok. I own a windows computer. I bought a imac G3 to replace it. as soon as i get the mac working, i notice my PC is acting a little crazy. So i turn it off and on again. Normaly, the fan spins for about 15 seconeds, and then it boots. This time, the fan STAYS on and there is no video wahtsoever. It's been 3 days, and Im desprate to get all my music off of it and onto my mac, but nothing's working.

Like I said, this is the wrong place. but i was hoping one of u guys used a windows comp once or twice

KD7IWP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
American living in Canada
Can't you pull the hard drive out of the PC and put it in the imac? Sounds to me like the logic board may have gone out on your PC. That is similar to how our PC acted when that happened. If you think it would boot from the CD-ROM, you could put a knoppix LiveCD in there to boot off linux and remove the songs, but sounds like your PC won't boot.

fatandlazy11

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Depends on my mood
KD7IWP said:
sounds like your PC won't boot.

Yes, you are probobly right. The fan spins at boot up. than, it starts to load Windows. However, I don't think it is booting at all. Besides, I have no video signal, so even if it was, i have no way to do anything.

"Putting the harddrive in the iMac?" Sounds a bit risky to me. I dont know. this is an iMac G3, 233 MHz. The original "Bondi Blue." I might be willing to give it a shot, but how would it affect the iMac's HD? Also, Where can you buy one of these "External encloseres?"

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Amend the suggestion -- take the drive out of the PC and take it to someone who has a suitable machine to hook it up to, to scavenge your data.

The iMac is a por candidate - no internall connection for a hard drive, no Firewire externally, and its USB is 1.1 so it;s deadly slow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.