Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Hello there I am looking for a website that sells broken ipods (it doesn't matter what kind.) I need it for school project because we are going to take it apart and se everything inside.

-macluver101:)

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
To be honest with you, I don't think selling broken ipods is legal, and even if it is, I don't think you're going to find any kind of organized distribution. Best advice I can give you is to hang around the boards and wait for an "OMG! My ipod's DEAD!" thread, then throw them an offer. That's probably your best bet at getting your hands on a broke one.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
They are *all* over eBay and still go for quite a bit. Apple hardware is strange in that even if its faulty it still sells for loads on ebay. Crazy. Search for 'faulty ipod', 'broken ipod', 'damaged ipod', 'ipod repair' or 'ipod spares'. That should get you something.

carve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
oops

i guess if is illegal i dont know what i'll do

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
are you kidding me? why would be selling broken iPods for parts be illegal? I have 5 of them I've bought off eBay and have done tons of repairs with.

eBay is great for broken iPods. You can probably find a good price on a really bunged up one.

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
ebay is great for broken ipods. A lot of times someone is just selling a hard drive too. And with a broken ipod you don't reallly worry about the ebay seller not being completely truthful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.