This movie cannot be played on this iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Imola Ghost, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

My wife just bought a movie for a trip she's taking on Tuesday. She bought it thru iTunes on her signed in account on the 27" iMac and was then going to transfer it to the iPad.

She has the 2nd generation iPad, I guess it's called iPad 2.

However she gets this message,

"Jeff who lives at home" was not copied to the iPad "Trixie's iPad 2" because it cannot be played on this iPad".

Is it because she bought a HD version or something like this?

Comment?

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

Isnt the movie on the icloud ?

Like if u buy a movie on the iPad u can play it on the apple tv or pc , it will just be there

Is that how it works?

3. kaielement macrumors 65816

If she bought the movie in iTunes the only thing I can think of is that the iPad is linked to another iTunes account just sighn out on the iPad and make sure it's linked to the account used to buy the movies on the computer other wise not sure I would call apple and complain and see if they have a better answer.

4. gjamesm macrumors newbie

I have had this problem a few times. Try deleting the movie from iTunes (but save the file) then copy the file back to iTunes. That fixes it for me.

5. hypercussion macrumors newbie

Solution to this problem

Here is what worked for me for the exact same problem. (Ipad 2, buy a movie on my MAC and get an error that it can't be copied to my Ipad because it won't play on my Ipad).

Open iTunes on your iPad. Select the "purchased" icon at the bottom of the screen. Select "TV Shows" at the icon on the top right corner (most likely is showing music as default). See a list open of the TV shows you purchased and select one that would not copy directly from your MAC. A list of shows for the series you select will open and you will given the option to download all or download any individual show. You should also be asked whether you want to load HD or SD versions. If applicable.

This worked for me. I was docked to my MAC when I did this but don't think you need to be or even to dock and sync first before trying as iTunes should sync in the cloud for you but if the above doesn't work for you, dock you iPad to the MAC it's synched with and of course the one using the account you bought the videos with and it will work.

Just another little quirk of working with Apple products. I love them and they are far superior to anything else on the market but not without minor issues and things that should just work but don't and require you to troubleshoot. In this case, as many, the error message returned in iTunes was just way too ambiguous and should have contained a code or more detail on how to work around what ever the issue was that caused this problem.