This must be the ugliest useless case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dojoman, Jan 10, 2013.

1. dojoman macrumors 65816

2. v3rn macrumors regular

You seriously just took the time to make a thread to bash people who like something you don't? While I'm not a fan of the case, I can see why some people would like it. And it would protect the phone a decent amount. If the phone is dropped on any flat surface, no parts of the phone should touch the ground. And it would protect from every day wear from placing it on tables, etc.

I believe there is already a thread on this case anyways.

3. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Yeah, it's like one of the slim fit cases, in that it provides rear surface protection, display down protection (on a reasonably smooth/flat surface), and edge/corner protection ... without covering up much of the rear.

I kind of dig on it. :cool:

4. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

At what point is he bashing the people who like that "case"? If anything he's making a commentary on the designers for creating a case that really won't protect much.

5. v3rn macrumors regular

6. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

7. tvith macrumors member

I kinda like it. Of course it won't protect the phone if I drop it or anything, but then again, I have a very minimal case on it now and I know that wouldn't protect my phone from drops either. One of the reasons I got the phone was due to it's slender size. On the other hand, at leas the one I have now protects the bezels on the side of the phone. Also, with all the complaints of "bending" of the iphone 5's I wonder how the pressure points of the case would effect the phone. I would def give this case a go if it's really cheap or if it's for free, lol.

8. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I agree with the TS. Totally impractical and terrifyingly ugly.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh no, someone made something you don't like and the people who do are suckers?

Do tell me more.

10. hafr macrumors 68030

If you drop it on a flat surface, it will protect it against scratches and dents the same way any other case that's trying to keep the original form factor would.

If I put that on my phone, and you'll keep yours naked, then we'll slide them down the corridor. Do you think mine will have any scratches? Yours?

11. dojoman thread starter macrumors 65816

There's probability that your phone will not drop on a flat surface like magic. Sorry, I still don't get this so called "case". It won't protect anything.

----------

It's not that I don't like...there are thousands of cases that are ugly but actually do something to protect the phone. It's false advertising.

12. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

And if you always walked on flat smooth surfaces it would be helpful against scratches I suppose, not really but concrete can be rough and jagged. Looking at a case like this it just seems to be counterintuitive to what a case is for which is protection. yeah it may protect against the corners getting scratched but what about the sides? and as far as the screen there is no lip to protect it. You wanna slide your phone down a corridor in that case be my guest but you might not like the results. I think what the TS was trying to state is that what's the point of a case like this that provides extremely minimal protection, but hey to each his or her own.

13. golu14 macrumors regular

not at all ugly, but a very light duty case offering minimal protection, it would be near useless if dropped, but yea wont let flat surfaces touch the phone

14. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

What's ugly ? it's hardly there. You would have to think the phone is ugly.

15. wxman2003 Suspended

OP, show us an example of what you would consider a "pretty" case? Tell us, so we can mock your taste.

16. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

The fact that it gets in the way of the beauty of the phone? Not in the sense that it covers up too much of the phone, but in the sense that it doesn't go well with the phone's design.

17. meistervu macrumors 65816

Well,I think it is an interesting looking case, better than 90% of other cases on the market. Most of the cases out there look the same.

As for protection, it will protect the phone if dropped on a flat surface. On an uneven surface, the screen is the most vulnerable spot, and 99% of the cases out there won't protect you there, so it's almost a moot point.

18. hafr macrumors 68030

What would you call a floor, a sidewalk, a street if not flat surfaces? These are the places where most of my dropped things land...

----------

Tell that to the TS.

19. Baytriple macrumors 6502

I was expecting something ugly but what I see is a minimalist view on a case made with some quality parts.

So if you don't like it then its useless. Yeah that seems legit.

20. Philscbx, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013

Philscbx macrumors regular

Philscbx

Looks like it should work Just Fine.

Most falls are corner strikes on fairly flat concrete.
    As long as the cushions are taller than both sides of the faces - it will not make contact to exposed parts of phone.

That might make some not see the logic of square object physics.

Like leaving it in your lap - then jump out of the car seems to be my most annoying crash.
    Probably waiting for the alert buzz to confirm response that did not come.

Now if it had clever Kick Stand as part of that backing - It could easily win hands down.

After reviewing product site - a bit surprised the structure cannot flex the two pods over the bottom corners.
    Maybe the X-frame needs to be Stainless Steel.
    If the X-Frame is also aluminum - bend/flexing might leave it Tweaked.

If it were my design - corners would be dual compound precision injection molded - and spider SS frame.
    Save the milling process for making molds.

Billet parts after a tour in the wild of coins / keys / tend to look trashed with deep gashes.
    No Kick Stand - No deal.

21. Apok macrumors regular

Came here to say the same thing. I am digging it. Looks nice and it is at least a little bit of protections while still showing off the phone. If you are so worried about it, you could wrap the phone in a skin. At least thats what I was thinking about doing. I will probably back them just to see how it works out.

OP is just a troll. Please don't feed the trolls unless it is rat poison. :D