This new SGP Ultra Thin Vivid case looks interesting

robotphood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
I have an incipio feather and I wish the edges were slightly rounded like this case. I also like how it's holes for the silent switch and volume buttons rather than just a cut out section. I don't like the cutout for the apple logo on the back though. If anything it should be an apple shape or none at all. A matte black version (soft touch) would also be nice.

Comment

Hervboo

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
I think I may hop on this. I've been looking for a case that will fit my oversized headphone viablue connector and haven't had much success. This looks like it may do the job. Also includes one of their ultra crystal screen protectors. Would love to hear impressions from people who have the case once it releases.

Comment

Shawnstra

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2008
Singapore
I don't see how the case can scratch the logo as it doesn't even touch it...
Not the case, but the logo can be scratched now by external stuff. I saw some case companies endeavor to put a plastic film under that to protect the logo, but imho it still looks tacky. If they cut out an exact apple logo (i.e. not a circle), maybe it'll look better.

Comment

Orlandorealtor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
winter garden,fl
Not the case, but the logo can be scratched now by external stuff. I saw some case companies endeavor to put a plastic film under that to protect the logo, but imho it still looks tacky. If they cut out an exact apple logo (i.e. not a circle), maybe it'll look better.
Looks from the pic that it might be an apple logo

Also comes with Flash Diffusion Protectors

Comment

Shawnstra

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2008
Singapore
Sorry, I meant that they cut out an exact apple logo from the case. Nice case though, but I wouldn't call it 'ultra-thin'.

Comment

Hervboo

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Anyone order one yet? I'd like to see a review before I committ. Specifically, whether or not the sides of the case goes over the screen so you can lay it face down on the table.

Comment

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Word of warning-- not sure if this case will be affected, but I bought an ultra thin from sgp for my 3G and it started cracking in one corner after about a month of use. Never dropped or abused it. The corner eventually just fell off entirely. They were reluctant to send me a new one, but they did. A month later, same thing happened to the replacement. Hopefully they've improved on their design this time. I think it was too thin for it's own good.

Comment