This "now playing" red button... How do I get rid?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by dinojr, Sep 27, 2018.

1. dinojr macrumors member

OK so this appears after playing music.. Top middle.

[​IMG]

I keep mistaking it for the "regular" red dot for notifications...
    If I stop the music I want it to go, however I cant find the option to remove it? I closed the now playing and music apps and its STILL there. :mad:

Any ideas?

2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I actually really like this addition into Watch OS, however I completely get what you are saying.

I don't know of any way to completely remove it but it only happens when music is playing. In other words even if the song is "paused" it shouldn't be up there.

3. dinojr thread starter macrumors member

Agreed. However it is back again today... Music is paused, "Now Playing" and "Music" Apps are closed, but there it is.
    Whoever thought colouring it red and putting in the same place as notifications, was a complete idiot. :mad:

4. RyCan3 macrumors 6502a

RyCan3

I’m having the same issue. I hope it’s a bug and will go away. I had the green call notification on my watch earlier for like 10 minutes after I hung up. Made me second guess whether I hung up or not.

5. Loge macrumors 68030

Loge

What is the point of it anyway? The music is playing on my phone, not the watch, and I know it's playing because I can hear it.

6. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

7. dinojr thread starter macrumors member

I “think” I solved it.
    To get rid of it you need to sync new music to the watch.

Then to prevent it appearing, when finished playing music click pause on the watch first... DO NOT just power down your BT headphones or the watch waits for the BT connection to return and the now playing dot appears.

So, always pause music before disconnecting your headphones, so far this has worked for me.

8. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

It also happens when watching videos.

9. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

I find it annoying too, but I have disabled the automatically launch music app function so it is necessary for me to call out the music control. I just think that if it is not red it would be much better.

10. the future macrumors 65816

Had the same problem, this solution worked for me, too.

11. dbrewood macrumors regular

dbrewood

No good alas if Carplay decided to turn on music automatically (seems no way to stop it) as it then triggers it on the watch.

12. Pseudo-Fed macrumors 6502

Pause music on watch before turning off headphones. If you fail to do this you can turn watch off and back on and it removes Now Playing.....

13. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

I have never seen this now playing icon. I play music on my watch from my phone and use my AirPods. When I finish playing music, I stop it via the watch and remove my AirPods.