This or that? Iphone 6+ woes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JCL, Sep 18, 2014.

1. JCL macrumors member

Usually my att store has no line until about 5am. Today I saw a few people waiting at 10pm.

If I can't get an iPhone 6+, should I just settle for a iPhone 6?

Or should I buy an iPhone 6 and sell it on eBay and wait for the 6+ and buy it at no contract price?

Any suggestions on the smarter move?

2. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Harvey Specter

You're going to have a tough time selling the 4.7" on Ebay for a profit. The vast majority of people who put "iPhone 6" in the Ebay search bar are going to be after the 6+.

My advice, show up the earliest you can in line at one of your nearby AT&T stores (drive to a few if you must) and start camping it out. Don't settle for the phone you didn't really want (unless of course you try both in store and fall in love with the 6), because waiting a couple weeks is much better that living for another year or so with a phone you aren't satisfied with.

I sacrificed the gold 5S and settled for the silver on launch day last year and I regretted the decision for months.

3. JCL thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately it might be a couple of months, not weeks :(

4. shady25 macrumors member

Don't settle. You know you really want the plus

5. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Harvey Specter

I seriously doubt it will take months. Calls and/or visits to iPhone retailers bi-weekly should have you upon the phone faster than you think. I'll say a month tops.

6. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Sorry but how the heck should any of us know what you should buy.... And no... if you want a 6+ get that 6+.... you don't need every thing right now you know.

I be thinking of you as I pick up my pre ordered 6+.