This package does not have an icon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ACardAttack, May 4, 2010.

1. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

Okay, I downloaded an app that says "this package does not have an icon nor should it. to use this package into your device or use mobile terminal"

And it says some more

So how do I use this? I went in through my pc and found the files in my phone..but what do I do now? Is there something I do to make this show up as an icon in my phone or to activate it?

Thanks

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Maybe I'm blind, but you'd help us a lot, if you actually told us the package. I'm thinking it's SBSettings, but who knows. BTW, SBSettings is in Activator. You tell it how to activate SBSettings in there.

3. ACardAttack thread starter macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

Its Forty Year Old Virgin Soundboard

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I don't have the repo for that. Why don't you just go into Cydia and look at the package? It should tell you how to use it.

5. ACardAttack thread starter macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

This is what Cydia says

This is a console package ->"This package does not have an icon, nor should it. To use this package you must SSH into your device or use MobileTerminal. If you do not recognize this package you probably should not be using it. To hide packages like these from apperain in Cydia in the future you can go under Manage, push Settings and change your level to "User"."

6. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

It's weird that a soundboard would be a terminal package, but the situation is described pretty clearly by the message. To use this package, you can't just touch an icon like you would with, say, Safari. You have to run it by typing a command into the command line. You can access a command line either by SSHing into the phone from your computer or by installing Mobile Terminal.