This phone launch is a diaster

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tcrab, Jun 22, 2010.

1. tcrab macrumors member

So I preordered at BestBuy because I thought I would be able to get it early instead of waiting til the fedex guy comes at 5. And now people are getting them TWO days early!!! My BestBuy probably won't have enough, and they haven't called me yet. UGH

2. fs454 macrumors 68000

well I guess that's what you get for ordering through a third party.

3. rmwhite macrumors member

I would try to stifle my laughter if you weren't pulling the complainey train into BooHoo station.

4. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

5. nfl46 macrumors 604

Your best bet should have been Apple. I knew before ordering that Apple will have the most quantity, and quite honestly, I didn't trust the other retailers to come through. Seems like Apple will be the only place for walk-ins. I hope the reserve line isn't too long at my Apple Store because I'm not coming early.

6. Jonobigblind macrumors member

So the launch is a disaster because you didn't get your new toy a couple of days early?

I would be more preoccupied with your inability to type a thread title properly than saying that your world has collapsed.

It would be a disaster if we found out that they hadn't in fact made any phones and it would be another year before they shipped them.

7. wope macrumors member

I don't get why anyone would order from any place besides Apple. Everyone else is a third party who has to get them through Apple.

8. IlliniDude macrumors regular

All you people complaining that your pre-order may or may not arrive early or might, God forbid, arrive a day or two later need to ****.

Be happy that you have one on the way while the rest of us who tried to pre-order scramble to try and get one before Halloween.

9. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Why not just call the Best Buy you pre-ordered through and see what the deal is instead of assuming the worst without calling them?

10. IndianGuy macrumors regular

IndianGuy

well apple didn't really come out clean - my order on 15th 6am still sitting as 'NOT YET SHIPPED' after ****ing week - and no one telling whats going on.
    People ordered after me already unboxing their iphones

11. tiresias314 macrumors member

Surely Apple will never survive this disaster. Better sell your stock.

12. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

You made a poor decision on where to order. That doesn't make it a disaster. :rolleyes:

Dramatic much?

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. So what if others get their iPhones before you. It won't kill you.

14. McBeats macrumors 6502a

:cool: words to live by right now.

15. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

16. buc macrumors member

Maybe because pre-ordering at my local BB at noon took me less than 5 minutes while other people woke up at midnight, tried pre-ordering through Apple all day long, taking a day off work etc., only to end up exhausted and frustrated at the end of a very long day and that wasn't even enough to get one in some cases?

Anyway, that's my answer.

17. tcrab thread starter macrumors member

I know I'll get it. It just sucks. Should I even try standing in line at Wal-Mart? I know my store will be getting 5.