This reachability feature is great, but what about the Messages notification banner?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Oct 6, 2014.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

This is a nice workaround, although I think they should've implemented SwipeNav as well, but they seem to have overlooked the inability to reach the Messages notification banner. Any workaround for this other than the appswitcher?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

A simple solution would be to enable double tapping the home button to bring down the notification banner when it is present. They can easily do this in an update.

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Why isn't it brought down w the rest of the screen with the reachability feature? Makes no sense.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I agree. They don't always think things through and typically fix them in updates (e.g., the return of split view in Calendar, etc.).

5. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

This reachability feature is great, but what about the Messages notification ...

If you swipe down at the top of the reachability screen when there's a notification showing, it still enables the quick reply. That's what I've been doing when I can't use both hands or reach up there normally.

EDIT: just tried it, and I lied. It only brings down the Notification Center and then you can reply from there. I thought it took you to the quick reply, but oh well.

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ya. Nice username btw lol.

----------

Yeah they'll fix it in the updates

7. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Maybe because you can already change the position of the alert to be in the middle of the screen through settings?

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

But for the (probably large) number of us who don't want an annoying pop up in the middle of the screen, we have no easy way of reaching it.

9. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Didn't you ask for a workaround? Well, that's the workaround for now, annoying as it may be.

10. TheDoubler55 macrumors 6502

TheDoubler55

Reachibility is amazing, I use it alot with my +, but the messages notification thing can definitely be an issue. :confused:

11. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah, I'm sure it will be fixed in an update very soon

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Fixed in what way?

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Bring down the banner with reachability.

14. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Read the posts above, they screwed up with reachability not making it so the messages banner comes down with the rest of the screen

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Somehow didn't pick up on that that's what was happening from reading through the thread the first time. What happens when a banner is present and reachability is used? And, yeah, I agree, I'd expect everything to shift down, with or without banners being there.

16. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah Apple has improved somewhat in listening to their customer base and improving user experience.