This Retina display....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iphonehype, Jan 24, 2013.

1. iphonehype macrumors 6502

OMFG.......Where have I been living? In a cave? Should of upgraded earlier!!

Now, are there any movies / trailers / videos that I can download / stream that would wow me even more?

Why would have an application have to support Retina display for it to give the high res quality ? I thought its just the screen / graphics card that does all the work?

Anyway guys just had to tell someone how amazing it is, no one I know cares!

2. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Go on Youtube and look for 4K Timelapse videos.

Apps have to be updated because initial image files used on applications follow a low PPI density that was ok for non-retina screens. The same apps require image files that need a higher PPI to look good on retina.

3. simsaladimbamba

Make sure to check out this extensive review, especially the section titled "The Retina Display In Numbers" and the following three sections in order to understand the "Retina" side.

4. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Yeah, its sweet. Like going from an iPhone 3G to 4. I love mine.

5. iphonehype thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for that, now it makes sense. WOW! Those 4K videos WOW!...just WOW....!

Thanks for that, will read into it before bed. So every website I visit using Safari will have this Retina display experience ? Just used Pages to write a document....WOW!

It is indeed. Funny enough my 2010 MacBook Pro had logic board failure, I was cruising Apple because of the cost of a replacement, delivery also came late too....but theres one thing, Apple will never let you down....this display...i've been thinking i'm glad its failed because otherwise I wouldn't have upgraded for a while lol.