This rocks!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by albert08, Feb 13, 2008.

1. albert08 macrumors newbie

I dont know about you guys but now im going to buy the ipod touch seeing how they released the 32G. ALthough the price is steep. $499. but it think its worth it! Who else is getting it now?

2. dagored macrumors 65816

Wait two weeks. After the sdk comes out. Maybe worth it.

3. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

4. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

I think if I had the extra 100 bucks, I would totally do it. It is amazing that 32 GB came out that fast in the market, and I don't think I need much more than 32 GB, unless I wanted a video powerhouse.

5. kaenai macrumors newbie

I'm trying to wait for it, too, but it's really hard; I've already set aside up the entire amount (+/- $20), so my patience is really wearing thin. :(

6. thesdx macrumors 6502a

There's no need to wait. The SDK will come as a (hopefully free) software update.

7. Resist macrumors 68030

Do you work for Apple? :rolleyes:

8. kaenai macrumors newbie

you're probably right; I'm mainly waiting to get that extra $20, and to see if that update is going to be free or not. It's only a couple of weeks, or so I keep telling myself. :eek:

9. TUD macrumors regular

+1

I love my 32GB iPod Touch! The only thing that would make it better would be some sort of IM. 3rd part apps should resolve this issue. :D

10. Hostile macrumors newbie

I would have gladly paid the extra $100 for another 16GB back in December. Oh well.

11. Rick America macrumors member

That is what I thought before I got the 16GB Touch last September. Upgrading from a 6GB iPod Mini, I was convinced it had more space than I would ever need.

But, that was before I learned about video and ripping my own DVD movies onto the Touch. I spend a lot of long hours on international flights and loved having my favorite movies, music videos, etc., with me. The problem was, I ran out of space REAL quick!!!

I now find myself "managing" content to stay within 16GB total (usually by manually determining which movies I want to sync to the Touch and which ones to leave in iTunes). But, just as was the case with my music, having a lot of my movie library with me all the time is very tempting.

I know the iPod Classic is a higher capacity option, but really once you start viewing video on the Touch, NOTHING else compares!!!

12. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

One of the great features is that you can delete the movies right on the iPod touch once you've watched them! I think its great!

13. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

What good does this do? You can't add more without connecting to the computer again, so you can unsync then. Best case scenario, you save a few minutes of it being removed at that time. Am I missing something?

14. Spankey macrumors 6502a

$200 of Best Buy gift cards let me get the 32GB touch. I think $500 is a bit high to pay out of pocket, but otherwise this is a great device. Love it!

15. Viremia macrumors regular

When the Touch was first released, I was excited...except for one thing. I had a 30GB iPod and all my stuff took up about 25GB of space. I'm the type who likes to have my entire music catalog on my iPod. I decided to wait until the 32 came out, but was a bit surprised at the price.

That is, until I thought about the fact that it isn't JUST an iPod. With the added features of a web browser, email, google maps, and other internet-based features plus a MUCH better screen, I figured I was getting a lot more than just an MP3 player.

It's still expensive (32GB flash ain't cheap) and took a lot of convincing to get, but it was worth it for me.

16. JacobC macrumors member

I really want to get a 32GB iPod Touch, and probably will once I have enough money. I've read rumors (Here) that they are going to drop the price by $100, soon.

17. Viremia macrumors regular

Don't hold your breath. I think Apple learned their lesson with the iPhone price drop. I wouldn't expect to see a price drop on the 32GB Touch for at least 6 months. The others might drop a bit, but I don't see it for the 32. That much flash RAM is expensive no matter what you put it in.

Then again, the day before they were released, I told my boss that 32GB Touches wouldn't be released for 6-9 months. So what do I know.

18. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

I'm the same way. Problem is, my library takes up over 150 gig. lol I suppose I could get the classic, but I want the touch. I want the larger screen for videos and so forth. Guess I know where my extra tax refund in May is going. ;)

Speaking of which, anyone else in the US have special (apple) plans for that extra money the house voted to rebate?

19. elness1974 macrumors newbie

Meebo

I use Meebo and it is perfect. It has all the IM Clients