This screen....it feels so nice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

So the second I took my 3GS out of the box in June I put a screen shield on it. I haven't looked back since.

Well now my 3GS is acting up (I'll go to use it and it will have no power, no screen, even turning it on doesn't work. I have to hold both buttons down for like 10 seconds to restart it. This has happened about 5-6 times so I have had enough. This phone is my alarm clock, I can't have it not working right)

So anyway Apple is sending me a replacement, in the mean time I tore off the screen shield since I don't really care what happens to this one now.

OMG it's amazing! I really don't think I can put one back on now that I have had a chance to appreciate the true beauty of the screen uncovered.

I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way, do a lot of people go naked on the front here?

It's a great feeling to be carefree about this phone, I feel since it's going back I don't care if it scratches or anything. I feel free from the worry, it's kind of nice.

:)

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

3. samcraig macrumors P6

He's referring to his iPhone UD - not.. well.. other things

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I know what you mean, that oleophobic coating is just amazing to touch. It always feels smooth no matter what, not like my old iPod touch where you'd feel dirt and everything stick to it. I still use my touch as my main music library for when I'm at home, and have my iPhone as my library when Im away (so I have just the one device), and I really dislike using the touch now if only for the fact that the screen feels terrible in comparison. It really does affect the experience.

5. ant131531 macrumors member

Me too i hate cases. The screen feels nice and i love the feeling of the back and i love how it looks so no case for me...not wasting money on one.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

We hope he is. Otherwise, please, NO pics. :)

7. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Are you saying you dont want pics? :confused:
    Anyways, yes OP, the screen is great, and I really do go completely naked with my phone.

8. SeanMcC macrumors regular

Precisely.

9. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

This is an exploding offer...

10. samcraig macrumors P6

Wait. iPhones are exploding now? Wait until this hits the front page of MacRumors!

11. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Just wait until you see my pics on the front page of MacRumors. ;)

12. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

I love the coating but use a protector for keeping scratches off.
    It would be great to see a poll of who uses a screen protector & who don't.
    And also have the poll show how many see deterioration compared to how many don't.

13. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i hope you mean directly to him and not to the forums... cuz if you mean the forums... then i'm a bit skeered!!!!!! :eek:

14. curly14 macrumors regular

curly14

Not me you get more love with a glove ...so cover up:D

15. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Its an open invitation to all parties involved.
    Dont be scared.

16. SeanMcC macrumors regular

17. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I feel the same way...for me at least its a constant struggle between wanting to let it be free and naked or protected.

However, some of the times that its been naked it has taken some abuse. Keys, change and other hard objects will eventually leave marks. I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but mine does show some minor scarring. :(

18. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Yeah, I was going to post earlier this week about how amazing to the touch this oleophobic screen is. It just feels so clean and smooth and...well, perfect.

My 2nd Gen touch is naked and never felt nor feels like this. I DO have a screen protector on my 1st gen touch and that feels even worse.

But this glass on the 3Gs IS fantastic. It shall forver be naked unless it does indeed wear away over time.

Mike

19. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I did that with my 3g. I lever liked how the protectors felt.

20. Vwluva23 macrumors newbie

21. Odid macrumors regular

I don't get screen covers. I think they're dumb. Like those people who leave plastic on their furniture.

Anyway, I've had mine naked since launch and I don't have a single scratch. Definitely more scratch resistant than the 3G.

22. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I only use

The incase slider. No screen protector.on the 3G is used this case and the screen protector but since I've had the 3GS no screen protector. No scratches yet and it feels so goooooooood:)

23. nfl46 macrumors 604

Oh my. I can't believe you took the rubber off.

Now, you are going to be having unprotected sex. If you drop your iPhone, its going to get AIDS and it'll be unusable. :):eek:

24. frunze macrumors member

Yeah, and if you speak on your iPhone to someone who is sick and you don't use headphones, you will get an ear infection. :D:D:D