This ship date makes no sense?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by KOH, Apr 16, 2015.

1. KOH macrumors member

2. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Is this some sort of "fishing" site? Price differences and strange availability dates. Sorry that I went there and left ASAP :eek:

3. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Don't click on that link if AJsAWiz is right.

I don't know if it's phasing or not, but it's supposed to be Canadian.

4. lakekj macrumors newbie

5. jonhoy macrumors member

Yeah, that's just the Canadian store showing the completely ****** up Canadian dollar.

6. KOH thread starter macrumors member

1USD : 0.82 CAD right now.... -cries-
    But that's just the canadian store link lol.

7. rhyme macrumors regular

rhyme

The Australian store briefly showed the same delivery dates for that model, but it went up to 4-6 weeks while I was checking. The Canadian site now also shows 4-6 weeks. Probably an error? [ETA: actually, no. If I use that exact link, I get 2-4 weeks, but if I navigate through the store to that model, I get 4-6 weeks. Has someone hacked the URL to produce this result as a discussion point?]

It's still one of the earliest-shipping models available for pre-order. I wonder if that's an indication that it wasn't a popular model. It's expensive, and some seem to have a perception that the 38mm is a women's watch and the link bracelet is a men's band.

8. KOH thread starter macrumors member

It's not hacked! Which is what is bringing up this discussion. It's weird AF

9. rhyme macrumors regular

rhyme

My mistake -sorry. Yes, the bracelet itself is showing 2-4 weeks, though the watch with bracelet is showing 4-6 weeks.

10. H3rman macrumors 6502

Phishing sites, & hacked sites? Seriously people. All the guy did was post a link to the 38mm SS link strap (not the watch) to highlight the strap itself shows a 2-4 week ship date, but if you navigate to the actual watch it says 4-6 weeks.

Come on people!! Think before we post....:rolleyes: However I do find it a bit odd that an add-on link bracelet strap is shipping before the watch itself. To be honest, I guess we just have to wait and see. No-one really knows how this is going to pan out.

11. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

In the end the link bracelet accessory is one product, the complete watch is another. They are separately boxed, and logistically they are differently prioritized. For whatever reason or another, existing channel inventory on the separate band is better than the full watch. Full stop. There is no other evidence to go on to suggest why exactly. It's just how it is.

It's also why I ordered the SS + White Sport Band and the link bracelet separately :)

12. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Ditto. That's why I ordered the SS w/black sport band and separate link bracelet for my husband. Arrives faster.

13. KOH thread starter macrumors member

Dang, that's smart. I don't see how I could have known the shipping dates like that at launch though. If I took an extra minute to snoop around my shipping date would have been 4-6weeks anyway LOL. or Even June.

14. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I was prepared to order the watch with the fastest ship time between the SS w/black sport band and SS link. The former was faster, so I ordered it immediately, then went back to see how quickly I could order a link band. Link band surprised me with 2-4 week ship time.

I had to order 2 watches before focusing on bands. Got both in before 12:05 Pacific, and then I looked at bands.

15. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

maybe Apple is catching up with demand. My macbook was quoted 4/22 and then it came in yesterday.

16. KOH thread starter macrumors member

Wow that must have been an awesome surprise, getting it earlier than expected.

17. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

I hope that means my macbook comes in earlier than 4 - 6 weeks!

Edit: Sorry quoted wrong reply! :)

18. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

of course. :D I'm always happy to get the device I spent a ton of money on earlier than expected.