This speaker on the 6+ is amazing! :o

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spazma7ik, Sep 19, 2014.

1. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Sep 12, 2009
    Compared to my 5S it's night and day, HUGE difference. So much loader and clearer. I am actually enjoying listening to my music this way right now at home.
  2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

Jul 10, 2008
    I can't hear people very well when talking to them on my phone. Not sure if its that speaker, or something else. I think I remember reading something about the position of the earpiece speaker.

I know its not what your talking about, but this is why i clocked when I read your title.
  3. iregret macrumors 6502a

Jan 23, 2012
    Are we talking about the earpiece, or the bottom? I was kinda sad that they didn't change the speaker layout. I was hoping for stereo speakers this time. Imagine having a sleaker on the lower right and upper right? Why not? The power button isn't up there anymore.
  4. jjk454ss macrumors 601

Jul 10, 2008
    The earpeice.
  5. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 12, 2009
    My topic was referring to the speaker at the bottom, specifically. Not the earpiece. It's not stereo quality obviously but it's a big damn step up from any other iPhone. I love it.
  6. urkel macrumors 68030

Nov 3, 2008
    Yeah, its really loud. And not in a "just turn it up dude" way where the guy in a Toyota Tercel is blasting the radio and you can hear all the contents of his trunk rattling. The maxxed volume is very clear with no crackling.

(But then again, a loud speaker is also a bad thing because of the surprising amount of people who use the speaker in public for phone calls and music)
  7. Djentleman macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2012
    Gotta agree hands down. Was watching a few TED talks with the volume only half up and it was incredibly crisp and full. Very pleased they upgraded it.
  8. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Nov 13, 2007
    US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
    I didn't even have to poke holes in it with a needle and it sounds great! The 6 speaker has 2 fewer holes compared to the +, but it also is pretty damn good especially compared to the 5 series.
  9. pudcraft macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2013
    My poker game used my 6+ for music and we were all relatively impressed by the quality.