This Thursday is almost impossible for new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ssclof, Feb 21, 2011.

1. ssclof macrumors newbie

New MBP will use sandy bridge i5 as rumored. However, Intel has NOT released SB i5 until NOW, though they declared SB i5 would be released on Feb 20th.

Do you guys still think it is possible for apple to release the new i5 powered MBP before Intel officially introducing new i5. At least, I cannot believe it.

2. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

Let me talk to Steve Jobs and update you on it.

brb

3. xdbuix macrumors 6502

intel released sb for customers. Noone really knows when Apple got ahold of sb. I'm sure they got it earlier that us normal ppl.

4. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Its possible because Apple could get the rights to it much earlier than expected. Also it might be available for order on thursday with maybe higher end versions available right away at the apple store with the i5 sandy bridge becoming 5-7 day shipping.

5. ssclof thread starter macrumors newbie

But, judging from past, all laptop vendors tend to release products with new cpu after Intel formally introducing them.

6. e5volcano macrumors regular

Can you send me his autograph?

7. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I'm not sure when but I believe Apple has released an intel product (I think it was the core duos) early before any other vendors.

8. Doneaux macrumors member

Uh, there are already SB laptops available now, and seeing as they are being shipped around the world as I write this, I'd be surprised if they weren't released on Thursday. I'm pretty sure Apple will have no problem getting SB's early.

9. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

The processor in the original MacBook Air was one of these.