This wait is killing me, give me new Macbook Pro's now!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Smeaton1724, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Smeaton1724 macrumors 6502a

Smeaton1724

Sold my 2010 13" MBP as the real estate was just too small for CAD, viewing plans, planning schedules and slow compared to the i5's and dedicated GPU's in the 15"). I got £700 ($900 US) last weekend, which was a brilliant price for a 13 month old machine but now I'm almost bursting waiting for the new macbooks!

At the moment I'm trying to manage with a 64GB iPad 1, which is fine for email, web, music and video (I filled it before I sold the MBP) but nothing really for work.

Can anyone remember there being this much anticipation of a major refresh since the original iMac or iPhone release, or is it all in my head?!

2. simsaladimbamba

It is in your head, since you sold your MBP and are left with an iPad.
    It may seem bigger this year, due to more members, but the wait is not worse than it was in 2011 or 2010 or 2008.

3. gmans46 macrumors regular

Yea the wait is always as big as you're own demand is. Last year I was biting at the bit waiting to get mine and here I am this year typing on my beautiful machine and I could care less what the new ones look like.

4. King Luis macrumors 6502

your coming from a 2010 model? i'm still on a 2007 macbook (non-pro). it crawls (not as bad as a pc) when working with imovie and other apps. can't wait for the new one. going to bump up to the 15 inch instead of my 13. i have my ipad for day to day stuff.

5. cMacSW macrumors regular

Been waiting since last year to update 2008 MBP, hopefully soon