iPad Those affected by yellowish screens, has the color gone away?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BygSii, Nov 20, 2013.

1. BygSii macrumors member

Just received my iPad Mini Retina today from ordering it at midnight day one. I noticed right away almost 1/3rd of my screen has a yellow tint near the home button. I see a lot of post with people returning them right away.

Those who have kept theirs, has the screen gotten better/worse in the past weeks/months?

2. Jeans89, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013

Jeans89 macrumors regular

I got mine yesterday. Same problem. Apple has to know it is sending poor quality screens to it's customers. Why are they doing this? Don't they have any quality control? I am not pleased. I have had iPad2, iPad4 and iPad mini. They were all good. But this one has a yellow tint that can be seen from the first moment.

3. John-crichton macrumors newbie

nope no change since day one (was last Saturday).
    Shouldn't change because it's something completely different than the drying glue process already known in for the first iPhones models.

4. BygSii thread starter macrumors member

I tried blow drying the *BEEP* out of my rMini to see if I could dry up the adhesive that some claim that the problem is caused by. Rumors are, that the adhesive holding the digitizer together with the LCD is not drying fast enough from the screen. Since a lot of our Minis may have been manufactured only weeks ago this could be the cause for this defect. But No dice... Still yellow on about 1/3rd the screen.

----------

So now knowing that this issue doesn't fix itself over time, are you going to return your rMini? I am seriously thinking of returning mine. Not exchanging, because I don't want them to send me back one without me looking over it. If I ever buy another iPad from Apple, I sure as heck am going to look it over before I walk out the store with it.

5. MandyAW92 macrumors member

I haven't heard about this issue, is it happening across the board or just certain devices

6. Jeans89 macrumors regular

I will return mine. I am very disappointed. The device is in every other way superb. :(

7. BygSii thread starter macrumors member

It is happening way more than it should.

So I did the financing through Apple with a new account. Will be interesting to see how that plays out if I return my iPad. I imagine, and if anyone can take a guess, it might take up to a bill cycle for it to be credited to me? Will I have to make a first payment, wait for everything to clear, then wait again to get reimbursed? I know I'm going to return mine, I'm willing to accept this snowball effect it's going to have on everything going forward. Bit I'm So disappointed in Apple this time.

8. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

I bought a Air WIFI 64 Space Grey on day 4 of the release and I can not find a single problem with the screen.

9. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Refunds usually take 2-3 business days to show up on your bill. Definitely not a month, but if you are shipping back to Apple, you have to add shipping time too.

10. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

You must be looking at it wrong then. :D