Those elegant, fragile mice ...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by niki.t.bowden, Feb 6, 2014.

1. niki.t.bowden macrumors newbie

We have two early-2008 Intel iMacs, and love everything about them but the native mouse, which is as delicate as a soap bubble. Eventually, they stop scrolling. Clean them with alcohol and cue tips, or let them sit for a spell, and they may work again, briefly. The sorriest job Apple has done must be with these devices.

We don't really want to spend a lot on replacement strategies; most of our time is iPhone time; after that, iPad. But is there a workable solution under $65?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I like the apple magic mouse works well for me. I've stopped using the mighty mouse with its little pimple that keeps getting clocked.

Other alternatives is Logitech.

3. Marty62 macrumors 6502

Logitech MX1000 or MX5000 ?
    Don't know if they are still made but I have 2 x as backup.

Great mouse, loads of functions, wireless .... all good :)

M.

4. Fishrrman macrumors G3

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Google cleaning Apple mighty mouse (I think that's what those were called)...if you turn it upside down and run the scroll button all over a clean sheet of paper that will supposedly bring them back to life for quite a while. Also, don't eat Cheetos while you're using the mouse.

6. spaz8 macrumors 6502

I've had the same issues.

I've had a Razer Naga 2014 for a month and love it. I think since early December 2013 Razer fixed their Synapse 2.0 software ppl on mac were complaining about. I have had no issues, all functions work perfectly since I got it. There have been at least 2 updates since. 1.20 is the latest I think for better Maverick compatibility. I am on 10.6.8 until apple decides to ship me my nMP.

My only complaint would be I wish the mouse was heavier, or that was my initial reaction, being used to a Blue tooth mighty mouse with 2 AA batteries in it. But I am used to the weight now, just took a couple days.

So I would look at any of the razer products.