Those fools did it. Up Next is completely gone in newest update.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Ar40, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Ar40 macrumors newbie

Game over. Apple removed the most compelling feature Apple TV+ had going for it.

Up Next was previously removed from the top shelf preview section on the main app page, and now it’s gone from the top of the Apple TV app even once inside the app. I do not want advertisements from Apple for what to “watch next.” I want a convenient way to continue watching a show where I left off. This is horrible and Apple should be ashamed at their ineptitude and greed.

2. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

Starting to behave like a cable company. I became a cord cutter for freedom Apple TV gave to choose what apps/services I wanted and they’re slowly taking it away.

3. Ruggy macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure it's still there but under 'Watch Now'.
    Watch Now>Up Next and it shows you where you left off on the shows you've been watching.

On Apple TV itself, it's in the TV app, same place.

4. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

It's a bug. It's not gone. I'm looking at the Up Next queue right now, in the TV app, on my Apple TV 4K running tvOS 13 beta. Try power cycling the ATV and see if that brings it back.

As for what the TV app displays in the Top Shelf of the Home screen, we don't know what Apple has planned for that.

5. JBaby macrumors regular

JBaby

It’s not just happening in the beta. I’ve never done the betas cuz I need my devices to work as expected. I think this is a bug. If I restart the app it comes back.