Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you happy or disappointed with your watch?

• generally I am happy with my watch

Votes: 90 74.4%
  • generally I am dissapointed with my watch

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I am still waiting to get my watch

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • I am not getting a watch, but am curious so I clicked on this thread

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

Technodynamic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
I love mine too. I've noticed the people that are on the fence keep asking questions "what else can it do" trying to validate the cost of the watch. It's hard to say I get $700 of value/use from it, but I still love it. 42mm SS milanese btw.

simonx314

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
I am mostly happy but I am dissappointed with the 3rd-party apps being slow and very limited. The Watch is slow sometimes, lots of loading screens. The Watch is not fully functional beyond Bluetooth range but on Wi-Fi. Apple advertised during the Keynote that you can take calls when only on Wi-Fi but I have not been able to get this to work. This is a shame because the speakerphone on this thing is great.

maxsandis

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2011
New York
Like it, can't wait to have my black band so that I can wear it public, have the white band now and it's just not me:)
Made a phone call on the watch yesterday with my phone upstairs, sound quality was surprisingly good.
There is a lot of room for improvement however.

Jonmurgie

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2007
Cheltenham, UK
I like mine a great deal, though it's not without fault. Pretty much all fixable with software and app improvements over time so I'm very happy to enjoy it now and enjoy the updates and as when they happen :cool:

Scrub175

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2012
Port St Lucie FL
Still learning but loving it so far. I foresee maturation and growth as more apps are developed for the watch. I'm really not missing anything at this point but I'm curious where this platform can go in the longer term.

ttexxan

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2012
I laugh when I hear about future platforms....Its a tech watch nothing more really. Samsung and other watches been doing the same. I own the apple watch and have owned samsung. You have to see them for what they really are. Once you do that a lot of this "Disappointment" goes away. Its never going to replace our phones or let me say the primary purpose of our phones. For example I would never want to surf on my watch, I would never want to take photos with my watch, I would never want to make phone calls primarily from my watch. However, there are lots of things I look doing with my smart watch---Seeing the time (duh), Quick access to apple pay, Ipod with blue tooth headset, Controlling my car radio when connected blue tooth, figuring quick tips, dismissing emails or text quickly.
The watch isn't meant to replace anything and never will fully. Know that and you will be just fine

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Yes I love it.

Today is Monday my first day in the office since getting my Apple Watch. It is proved to be as useful as I had hoped with phone calls and notifications.

Battery life is working quite well. It is now at 85%.

When a notification comes in I check it on the watch. When a phone call comes I get first notice on the watch but I do answer the call on the iPhone.

The iPhone is now on permanent vibrate mode.

The weekend was fun to play with it. Monday it is a real work instrument.

AustinBoilers

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
I really, really like the entire health/activity portion of the Apple Watch. Getting the circles to enclose each day kinda feels like a video game RPG, and it feels pretty good to start building the calendar on the iPhone app. I never worked out before now, but now I'm getting on the treadmill every day.

NotSafeForWork

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
Yes I love it.

Today is Monday my first day in the office since getting my Apple Watch. It is proved to be as useful as I had hoped with phone calls and notifications.

The iPhone is now on permanent vibrate mode.

The weekend was fun to play with it. Monday it is a real work instrument.

Exactly my thoughts - as a home/free time device its more of a toy, at work when you're busy it's much more useful.

discorevilo

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
I love mine, quite the upgrade from my Pebble (original kickstarter edition). I've enjoyed replying to texts without having to take my phone out of my pocket whilst walking- Last time I did that, I dropped my phone and cracked the screen, so hopefully this'll save me another trip to the Apple Store.

The only disappointment is that my band arrived with a deep looking scratch in the magnet clasp bit. Apple have agreed to replace it; I hope that it doesn't take too long to get the replacement band as I don't want to give up my watch!

(42mm SS milanese)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.