Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cherishzm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
I just had a chance to see and feel a gold iPhone 6 and those antenna bands do look terrible and ruin the overall look of the iPhone 6/6+! I'll buy one anyway but there Apple should've designed it in a way to hide them or blend them with the aluminum back and side better. :(

I think gold is not a good color on iPhone 6 or Plus, but space gray or white would be better with the antenna bands.

Whtchdr

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2013
I don't mind the stripes myself, I think it breaks up the otherwise monotonous aluminum back. I've got the gold iPhone 6 and am pretty satisfied so far.

aibo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
Southern California
Why is it not glass, like on the previous iPhones?

Those areas on the previous iPhone were glass because the antennas weren't located there. The antennas were aluminum bands that wrapped around the edges of device and they too had plastic gaps as separation. Since the design no longer uses the antenna band in an edge wrapping style (probably due to so many people overacting during "antennagate") the antennas are located on the top and bottom of the back of the iPhone 6/6+. You'll always need plastic gaps to isolate the different antenna bands. It just won't work without that separation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.