Those returning 6 for 6+?

groggy2333

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
I know there's lots of threads on people returning the 6+ for a 6, but what about the other way around? After handled the 6 and 6+ for a few days.. I really like the 6+ and I'm thinking of exchanging my 6 to a 6+.. Anyone in the same boat?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I bought the 6 and purchased at Apple.com only because I wanted an easier return process than with Verizon (and no restocking fee with Apple). My only thought was the slight chance that I may somehow think I want a giant phone. I have held both now and I believe I'll stick with the 6, but before I did that, I was still sitting on the fence. I hate large phones so I'm not sure why I was on the fence except that someone gave me a choice and I simply had issues making it. :)

chris566

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2010
Carolina
Yup. In fact, I posted on CL seeing if anyone wanted to trade their 64gb iP6P for a 128gb iP6. But then again, I'll probably get the 5.5 and want the 4.7 again. I'm hard to satisfy.

Souskei

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2013
I'm planning on exchanging my 6 for the plus.
I'm waiting till next Thursday to return the 6 if I can't seem to get one in store.

If I can't find one then I'm just gonna use my 5 till the pluses are available.

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
I'd like to size up from the 6 but I figure the 6+ is going to be impossible to find in stock before the 14 day return window is up.

wermy

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
Yep, I'm going from 6 to 6+. Friend at work got a + and it's not nearly as ridiculous as I imagined.

I ordered one from Apple.com a few days ago, which is of course on back order, and am planning to keep checking locally to see if I can snag one and cancel the online order.

mlsusa

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Count me in. I returned my 6 and placed an order for a 6+. So it's back to the old 5 until the plus arrives in 3-4 weeks or whenever.

I think the 6 was without a doubt a noticeable upgrade from the 5. But while it is a nice improvement, the 6+ promises to be a radical difference. So I figured why not go whole hog.

And I really want the plus's battery life. I wasn't even seeing a slight improvement in the 6 compared to my 5. I know I was using it more and all that. But my feeling is if it was supposed to be a little better, and coupled with the age of my 5's battery, I should have seen more breathing room at the end of the day. I didn't.

The 6+ does look ridiculously gigantic. So besides needing to get used to handling a new form factor I'll need to learn to stop caring if people are or aren't thinking I look like an idiot talking on the phone on this thing.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Count me in. I returned my 6 and placed an order for a 6+. So it's back to the old 5 until the plus arrives in 3-4 weeks or whenever.

I think the 6 was without a doubt a noticeable upgrade from the 5. But while it is a nice improvement, the 6+ promises to be a radical difference. So I figured why not go whole hog.

And I really want the plus's battery life. I wasn't even seeing a slight improvement in the 6 compared to my 5. I know I was using it more and all that. But my feeling is if it was supposed to be a little better, and coupled with the age of my 5's battery, I should have seen more breathing room at the end of the day. I didn't.

The 6+ does look ridiculously gigantic. So besides needing to get used to handling a new form factor I'll need to learn to stop caring if people are or aren't thinking I look like an idiot talking on the phone on this thing.
It's funny - my wife has the 6 Plus and even the Starbucks people are like, "that phone is huge" when she uses her phone to pay for her order!

groggy2333

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
I just returned mine yesterday for a 6 plus at the store, just gotta wait a month and fork out the 35 restocking fee.

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Finally made it to the Apple Store today to swap out my 6 but all they had was gold colored ones. While they look much better in person, the white front is too distracting for me. :(
I will say though that they still have people lining up for the new phones. I'm speechless.

groggy2333

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Finally made it to the Apple Store today to swap out my 6 but all they had was gold colored ones. While they look much better in person, the white front is too distracting for me. :(
I will say though that they still have people lining up for the new phones. I'm speechless.
wow really? no lines at att store but i'd imagine there may be some lining up still at one of the local apple stores. dang.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
I've been considering returning my 6 for the 6 Plus.
The battery on the 6 is rubbish. I'm constantly living in darkness (brightness below 25%), otherwise I'm a 4 hour usage.
My 5S was on auto-brightness and I was getting 4-5 hours. And that was usually around 50% brightness or higher, because my desk is right next to a window.

The size of the 6 Plus is putting me off, and the potential of it being a bit slower than the 6.

The other option is returning the 6 and sticking with my 5S until the 6S.

All I wanted was a better battery.

imnjs

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
I've been considering returning my 6 for the 6 Plus.

The battery on the 6 is rubbish. I'm constantly living in darkness (brightness below 25%), otherwise I'm a 4 hour usage.

My 5S was on auto-brightness and I was getting 4-5 hours. And that was usually around 50% brightness or higher, because my desk is right next to a window.

The size of the 6 Plus is putting me off, and the potential of it being a bit slower than the 6.

The other option is returning the 6 and sticking with my 5S until the 6S.

All I wanted was a better battery.

So far I've had excellent battery with the 6. Woke up at 7am, unplugged, went to state fair (and made a time lapse video out of the dart rail window on the way) and took about 45 pics. Got home and was still sitting at 55%. Love it.

I'm sticking with my 6. The plus is really nice, but memories of having a Note 3 that I barely used to its potential after the break-in period turned me away. I'm at that point in my life that I just want an awesome, perfectly normal sized phone, and the 6 exceeds that in every way.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
So far I've had excellent battery with the 6. Woke up at 7am, unplugged, went to state fair (and made a time lapse video out of the dart rail window on the way) and took about 45 pics. Got home and was still sitting at 55%. Love it.

I'm sticking with my 6. The plus is really nice, but memories of having a Note 3 that I barely used to its potential after the break-in period turned me away. I'm at that point in my life that I just want an awesome, perfectly normal sized phone, and the 6 exceeds that in every way.
What "Usage" time was that?
Settings app- General- Usage- Battery Usage-

I got less than 4 hours of actual usage out of my phone today, on wifi, playing 2 games mostly. Kinda expect more than that.

imnjs

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
What "Usage" time was that?

Settings app- General- Usage- Battery Usage-

I got less than 4 hours of actual usage out of my phone today, on wifi, playing 2 games mostly. Kinda expect more than that.

Not really sure if it's considered great but since coming from a battery-drain-champion Note 3 I'm in heaven.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411950491.492350.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.