Those that chose "In Store Pickup," what's your status?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tyler23, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Hey all,

Just wanted to see what your order status is if you chose in-store pickup.

I did, and my order status page shows that it will be available for pickup on 9/19.

However, my order still shows as "Processing," and my account has not yet been charged.

Anyone else in the same boat? Just getting a bit concerned.

2. elisamal428 macrumors member

I just checked mine to see and it's the same status as yours.
    Shows pick up in store available on 9/19 and nothing has been charged to my card yet.

3. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

I guess you are in the states, I've paid nothing but picked a slot on Friday.

Spoke to apple, and they have confirmed that if I have made a reservation, then my name is on that iPhone.

[​IMG]

4. Tyler23 thread starter macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yeah, it seems outside the US you get a time-slot to pick it up. In the US, you just pick it up sometime that day.

----------

Hmm, that makes me feel a little better..hopefully some others chime in to share their status as well!

5. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

6. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Relax mine is the same, just as it is every year. Soon they'll charge you and you'll be able to enjoy using it on the 19th.

7. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Mine still says "Processing" and it's available for pick up 9/19. :D so excited

8. elisamal428 macrumors member

I'm assuming it doesn't matter what time we pick it up if we are in the states? I am in Texas. I chose to do in store pick up because I work all day and can't be there first thing in the morning.

9. pettyfeversk macrumors newbie

Pick up in New Hampshire

I got the same notice that the order is processing and that the pick up date is September 19th. The last time I checked, my credit card had not been charged. I plan on going to the store to pick it up on September 19th unless i get another email saying something else.

10. rollerbones macrumors member

Same, not charged for the 4.7 iPhone 6 with in-store pickup on the 19th.

The second order I placed for 5.5 iPhone for delivery has processed and charged.

11. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Exactly the same and believe me I check every 10 mins haha

----------

Btw how are you dealing with the crowd on Friday? Concerned that there's a possibility people will be mad and possibly mugg u for the phone?

12. elisamal428 macrumors member

I'm picking up at a mall. It's a pretty nice area of Houston so not too worried.
    I'll have my bf with me too but I've picked up Apple products from this mall plenty of times and never felt unsafe.

13. RobNYC macrumors 6502

It's listed as processing but I have an actual order # so I'm not worried. I do t think it'll change until the store actually gets the phones.

14. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Yeah, pretty sure the status doesn't change until the store gets their shipment

15. Tyler23 thread starter macrumors 603

Tyler23

Just an update:

My Chase account just posted the transaction from Apple for the full price of the device.

Order status is still "Processing Items," but it's nice to see some movement at least!

16. BDoggPrelude macrumors regular

BDoggPrelude

Mine is still processing. I had my order in within minutes of the Apple store app going up so I'm not concerned. I do wonder how all of the preorders placed for in store pick up will be handled. Will those phones be taken out of the stores' available stock for launch day purchases? Will those phones be added to the stores' launch day stock they receive? Will they all arrive separately from the launch day stock via a FedEx shipment?

I'm assuming the stores will receive their shipment of launch day stock along with a separate stock of iPhones for the people who preordered to be picked up at the store.

17. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Yes, once you pre-order an iPhone online and pay for it, that phone is yours and it's held specifically for you in a separate location from other ones that are released to people who walk into the store without having pre-ordered.

18. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Apple has charged me and I am supposed to come in 9/19.

19. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

They already charged my bank account for my iPhone 6, but my order still says "processing" hmmmmmm

20. BDoggPrelude macrumors regular

BDoggPrelude

What I was meaning to say is I wonder if the iPhones that are preordered for in store pick up are deducted from the stock levels or if the stores are shipped in the pre ordered phones separately. For example: The store is slated to receive 100 iPhones for launch day stock but also has 20 iPhones preordered to be picked up at that location. Are the 20 preordered units taken out of what would have normally been the store's launch day stock, (meaning they now only have 80 phones to sell), or is the store shipped 20 additional phones to cover the preorders.

I don't really care. I know I'm getting my phone on the 19th either way. I was just pondering how Apple was handling all of that.

21. LFCYNWA macrumors regular

Still the same, but today it's finally been charged on my debit

22. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I have a pending charge from Apple at my bank to be posted on Monday. My order status is still processing and has been since Friday when I pre ordered to pickup in store.

23. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Same here, everything is processing but now I have a pending charge.. it's happening!!!!

24. maybeiloveyou macrumors member

No charge on my BoFA account. Status still says processing. :confused:

25. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

Chase Visa now showing a pending charge for full price (didn't show an hour ago). Apple order status didnt change.