Those using the iPhone naked, do you place a napkin underneath...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kendo, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

...the iPhone when you are placing it in a cup holder of a car or on a treadmill when at the gym?

With my 3GS, I used to let it stand anywhere but looking at the bottom of my 3GS, it is a little scuffed up. I would imagine that the iPhone 4S would be easier to scuff up when the steel band is sat down at an angle.

Do you guys go as far as placing a napkin underneath the phone when you are in public places?

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

No, never considered it. The SS band is pretty sturdy, absolutely NOTHING like the plastic shell on the 3G. I've had this phone about a year, never used a case, lots of rental car cup holders (I have a dock cradle in my own car). Here's the bottom of it:

Attached Files:

3. Ktdhc macrumors member

Yeah I usually try to find a soft place or some kinda fabric to put the iPhone on.

But besides that, I pretty much throw it around and it's not a problem.

4. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

5. ilp macrumors member

Hell no.

Been putting it on my car's plastic panel, it's been sliding off my car seat onto the floor, been placed in gym treadmill cupholders, been placed all sorts of places. The glass scratches WAY less than the old plastic back. Also, it's a few scratches, who cares?

6. Makara macrumors newbie

I just get my butler to hold it on a velvet cushion.