those who are using a bumper with no back sheild...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CrAkD, Aug 27, 2010.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

how is the back of the ip4 holding up against scratches? Cause I originally got 2 zagg shields for me and my girlfriends ip4's to go on the back and then bumper around the sides. I really like the bumper but the zagg sheilds are useless they keep peeling and getting bubbles. so I finally peeled mine off and im using a $1 ebay case currently. I want to go back to my bumper cause it feels like it would protect better if the phone was dropped but im afraid the back will get all scratched up. is the back as scratch resistant as the front?

2. GDVI macrumors regular

GDVI

The back is NOT as scratch resistant as the front. Slap an SGP EX Crystal on there and you'll never know the difference, all while being scratch protected.

3. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

does it stick better then the zagg? the zagg doesnt stay on well at all.

4. GDVI macrumors regular

GDVI

I did have some issue with it sticking and I was pissed at first but SGP sent me replacements (which work great) as well as assured me that the issue has been resolved with the newer batches.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

The only thing I have on my iP4 is a Bumper. No shields. I've had my iP4 for over a month now. I don't have a single scratch on the front or back. I don't baby it or anything..... I just make sure that when I put it down, I put it down on a flat surface, and that when I put it in my pocket, nothing else is in there.

At this point, the back seems to be just as scratch-resistant as the front.

6. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

thats what i would assume. Ive had an iphone since 2007 and have never scratched the screen on any of them. now common sense tells me if the back is now that same material it should be scratch resistant as well. having a 3gs with a back that looked like it had been thru a war makes me hesitant haha.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Agreed. I had no scratches on any of my screens (1st gen and 3GS), and I've been using iPhones since Feb. '08.

As long as you don't put it in a purse or pocket with coins/keys, or scrape it on some concrete, it'll be fine.