Those who buy the Nike watches

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by The Game 161, Apr 25, 2019.

1. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Do you buy them for the watch faces and easier way to use the running app features?

Got the Nike addition and got to admit do like the watch faces. The complications are good but the look of the Nike faces are nice to have

2. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

I bought one on release day. (S4). I got the Nike version because it was Al Space gray and the only Al Space gray model they had in stock. (Apple Store Houston area). There isn’t any difference between the Nike and non Nike, except the watch faces and possible not having the cheesy silicon band. I was going to use bands I had from previous models, but none of them have touched the watch. That’s how much I like the sports band.

The watch is lightweight and the band breathes. It also dries rather quickly and because it’s infinitely adjustable, it fits perfectly. I am very pleased with this purchase, and I enjoy the fact that there wasn’t any throw away items (silicon band).

I’ve never used any of the Nike watch faces, I’m more of a traditionalist.

3. Significant1 macrumors 6502a

Because of the watch-faces. Except for the number watch face I think Apple's watch faces lack style. I also prefer the bands over standard sport bands.

It is not easier to use the running.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

5. Akrapovic macrumors 6502

Akrapovic

Had an S0 standard, was fine. Got an S3 Nike and I use the Nike faces. However, Siri is now worse.

On my standard edition S0, saying "I'm going for a run" started the Workout app right at the 3 second count down. On my Nike one, if I have NRC installed, it starts that. If I don't have NRC then it starts the Workout app, but not the countdown.

I'm probably going to buy a second hand S4 at some point but I'm not sure if I should get the Nike version. Probably will for the faces.

6. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I mean there’s practically no other difference than the watch faces and the strap. Since it’s the same price as the sports edition, I thought why not get the extra bit you get with the Nike edition.

7. PeteS1963 macrumors 6502

I preferred the strap on the Nike version so I got that. The watch faces are nice enough but I don’t use them. Much prefer the Siri watch face.

8. yui4 macrumors 6502a

Same

9. Complex757 macrumors 6502

Complex757

10. AppleHaterLover macrumors 65816

Apple Watch Nike +.

Slogan 1: The official watch for people who like to tell others they "run" without having ever been within half a mile of a 24H Fitness.
    Slogan 2: The official watch for people who like ugly things.

TBH the Nike Run Club app is excellent - but that's majorly due to the iPhone part of the app.

11. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

12. techno-Zen macrumors 6502a

techno-Zen

I just got it for the band and faces.

You can get the nike running app on your own

13. jz0309 macrumors member

Got my S3 cause I like the sports band better, would have gotten a S4 Nike again but decided on SS, but got a few of the Nike bands/loops for it :)

14. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Honestly, I’ve not heard anybody say this. The majority opinion seems to be that the app is trash and that getting rid of the web access was a fatal error. At least it was for me.

15. tcphoto1 macrumors 6502

tcphoto1

I liked the band not the Nike face, I use the chronograph face and get as much information as possible.

16. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I got mine purely to work out in since I already had a stainless but I have come to really like the lighter weight and the faces. I also prefer the bands. If I had it to do all over again for what I spent I would get a space gray and a silver Nike watch.

17. scmill macrumors regular

scmill

I bought it because nike.com had the best sale price.

18. breezyf808 macrumors regular

This is why Apple should cave in and make an app or "store" to buy customizable watch faces.
    Even tho I have the SBSS series 3 I still rotate my pebble time and I am amazed how much different watch faces the pebble have, plus you can customize the color and where to put each complication, time or date.
    I could only imagine how great the pebble would become if it wasn't for Fitbit.

19. jdsmitty10 macrumors regular

I like the nike band better than the standard rubber band(not sure the official name of it). The nike faces are nice to have too..seemed a no brainer for the same price to get the nicer band and extra faces. running??? whats that :lol:

20. BSG75 macrumors regular

BSG75

I bought my series 4 because of the faces and band. I felt that I was getting a few extras for the same price, so why not go with the Nike +?

21. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

1. NRC Integration. I was using the NRC app before the watch was released so continuing to log my miles is a breeze.
    2. Nike Sport Loop.
    3. Nike watch faces.
    4. Brand loyalty.

22. harriska2 macrumors 6502a

harriska2

23. profmatt macrumors 68000

profmatt

I bought one and loved the Nike watch faces. But I didn't like the aluminium case — I'd had an SS previously — so sent it back. Part of the reason I bought the Hermes was because I like the Hermes watch faces.

24. almostinsane macrumors regular

I bought my S2 and S3 Nike watches for the band.

25. JennyG1000 macrumors newbie

JennyG1000

Got mine for the band/I like the look of it better and then there is more adjustability, more holes...