Those who have bought a white iphone 4......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, May 10, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G4

The Game 161

How come you decided to get this one

were you due an upgrade?

did you actually trade your black one in just to get the white one?

or did you just wait till the white one came out instead of getting the black iphone 4 a while back.

2. nwbusa macrumors regular

Wife and I both needed new phones, so we bought her a white one and me a balck one. We're in Canada so bought them factory unlocked from Apple.

It just came down to personal preference, plus having one of each color helps us tell them apart :)

3. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I had an AT&T iPhone 4 but wanted to get locked into unlimited data on Verizon.

So on April 28, the day the white iPhone came out, I went to a local Best Buy at 10am but they didn't have the white iPhone in stock yet. The girl went to the back to check and see if they had come in but they hadn't. I decided to go ahead and get the black one. You can guess what happened next. As I was standing up to leave, a guy brought a box of white ones in. I asked the sales girl jokingly if could I switch but she said no.

Last Thursday night, I went to the Apple Store and saw the white and immediately decided that I had to have it. My mind was racing as to how I was going to make this happen. I ended up seeing on the web that night a memo from Best Buy saying that if you had purchased a black iPhone and were still within the return period(14 days), you could bring it in and exchange it for a white one.

The next day that's exactly what I did. I even decided to get the 32gb version because I figured that the extra space might come in handy. After paying an additional $107, I was out of there.

4. elray macrumors member

I was still using the iPhone 3g, which had a cracked screen and other problems. I originally wanted the white iPhone 4, but when it kept getting delayed I decided to hold out for the 5 if it had the usual summer release. Since it became apparent that the 5 was most likely pushed back, I decided to go for the white. I really didn't want to wait 5+ months for a new phone. I am very happy with my purchase... going from a 3g to the 4 was a pretty big upgrade - I'm especially loving the retina display.

5. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I was still using an iPhone 2g and my fiance was on a 3g. We've been waiting for awhile to upgrade. I figure with the way AT&T upgrades happen and the slowness of updating their network in my home area the new iPhone later this year won't offer me that much of an upgrade and then I'll be lined up fine for whatever comes out next year. If something amazing comes out this year I can still do a sell and upgrade so its not a big deal.

6. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

I had a white 3GS and had planned on waiting for the iPhone 5, but since I have 2 upgrades available (for both me and my wife), I decided to get the white iPhone 4 for now, and then trade up to the 5 when it comes out. My wife is happy to have my old 3GS.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Why wouldn't the girl let you switch? Dont you get a 14 day return period or something like that? I would have said "you know what I changed my mind I'd like to return this" lol

8. elan123 macrumors 6502

exactly... thats a good move, i've used it before

9. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I don't really think that they like doing this and I felt like I would have really come across as an *******, getting a phone and then changing my mind before I left the store.

I remember last summer when the Evo came out in white so many people were bringing in their black ones to exchange, the same Best Buy store just stopped allowing it at some point, even though people were still within their 30 days.